Cadac gas and regulator (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Just purchased a cadac grillo chef 2 but looking for advice on gas and regulator hose please

I carry 2 6kg bottles of propane in the van. One is hooked up the other spare.

I have been reading on forums given the Cadac BBQ works on low pressure the maximum hose size should be 2m. If I leave the bottle in the van it would leave the bbq close to the van and the awning which does not seem wise.

my thinking is to take the 6kg bottle out of the van and this will allow use of the BBQ at a safe distance from the van

is this a bit of a faff or should I get some smaller gas bottlees Also do people leave the irbbq and gas out when they are away from the van for the day

cheers

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Cadaver gas? Perhaps you should bury the body before it bloats up.:giggle::giggle:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My son has a regulated BBQ outlet on his caravan. We fitted a 4.5m long hose to reach through the awning to his Weber BBQ to use it outside the awning in the open air. We think there may be a slight pressure drop but it does not affect the functionality of the BBQ.
In fact we divided the 4.5m into a 1.5m for when using the BBQ without the awning and a 3.0m hose which can be added to lengthen it to 4.5m by using an approved gas 'push fit' joiner to join the two lengths when necessary, a bit like (but not) a garden hose Hozelok fitting. Hose and fittings bought from a caravan dealer whilst on holiday and assembled with just a knife and a screwdriver (for the Jubilee type hose clips) whilst onsite. I already had a can of leak detector spray with me in my m/h..
Fortunately the Weber BBQ does not have its own and additional inbuilt regulator.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Cadac state that only a max of 2 meter hose should be used.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bin it and save all the faff and blow outs, and hours cleaning the thing.
Get yourself a disposable BBQ or use the proper cooker in the van, and you will have a far easier life. (y) :Smile:

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Just purchased a cadac grillo chef 2 but looking for advice on gas and regulator hose please

I carry 2 6kg bottles of propane in the van. One is hooked up the other spare.

I have been reading on forums given the Cadac BBQ works on low pressure the maximum hose size should be 2m. If I leave the bottle in the van it would leave the bbq close to the van and the awning which does not seem wise.

my thinking is to take the 6kg bottle out of the van and this will allow use of the BBQ at a safe distance from the van

is this a bit of a faff or should I get some smaller gas bottlees Also do people leave the irbbq and gas out when they are away from the van for the day

cheers
I just use a small screw in gas coleman cannisters and regulator that fit to cadac. Its all you need.
Ive just come back from 2 weeks touring with my son and his pal. We used it almost everyday cooking breakfast and dinner. I only used 1 and half cannisters. You can buy 6 cannisters from amazon Coleman c500 for £25.00.
I dont like the idea of having the BBQ attached to the motorhome when i recently saw what an outide BBQ did to a nearby house.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Last time I used my calorgas bbq I left the spare bottle in the locker and ran the short hose about 1.8m I think round the back of the van and used it there.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
I had an external point fitted and 2m hose all works fine and less faff than carrying an additional canister!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back