Cabbunk - Extra Beds For Kids - £50 Saving For Van Conversion Model (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had only seen Cabbunk https://www.cabbunk.co.uk/unique-patented-cabbunk-twin/ on the web previously so it was good to see it fitted on a Hobby van conversion at the recent NEC Show. It impressed us as a well designed, good quality product filling a gap in the market for extra childrens beds in motorhomes. We particularly like that no drilling is necessary to fit it & that it packs away neatly in its carry bag taking up little space. It can be flipped back over the seats when not in use so the front seats can be used as normal. Have to admit that if we needed an extra bed for a grandchild (carries up to 70kg) Cabbunk would be a much preferable option to the 3rd bed kit that we have which blocks the hab. door & is heavier, more bulky plus needs complete assembly & reassembly for use. Cabbunk can be fitted to a wide range of motorhomes not just van conversions but if any Funsters with van conversions do want to buy this then they have kindly agreed to add the Sliding Door Kit (SDK) which is normally an extra £50 for free! (y) Please PM us & we can advise on the code needed to get this added to your order.

1571760091155.png

1571759939094.png

1571759955343.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Previously posted here with more discounts & offers from recent NEC Show:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
looking into this system at the minute, does anyone know is the discount still valid?, or doing any discounts?

Regards
Kieran
Hi Kieran - it is the best solution that we have seen for easy to use children's beds - when we saw it we were most impressed by the way it just flipped out of the way so the Captain chairs can be immediately back in use & the quality of the materials used. I have emailed Cabbunk to see if they have a current deal or discount that they can offer to Funsters so will post on here when they reply. If you need to decide or buy soon then maybe ask them yourself too in the meantime? Please do post & let us know if you do.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Kieran - it is the best solution that we have seen for easy to use children's beds - when we saw it we were most impressed by the way it just flipped out of the way.
With or without child? 🤪

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonsey324

Free Member
Aug 31, 2020
Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
Exp
i'm a newbie
Thank you, that's very kind of you, van has the 3rd bed option but this looks quick and easy, free's the cargo area and don't have to enter through the rear door to go to bed once kids are in bed!,
not collecting the van till Mid October so still a bit of time, when nearer the time i will speak with them if you don't get a response back, will keep checking the site for updates, thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you, that's very kind of you, van has the 3rd bed option but this looks quick and easy, free's the cargo area and don't have to enter through the rear door to go to bed once kids are in bed!,
not collecting the van till Mid October so still a bit of time, will keep checking the site for updates, thanks again.
You are welcome - it's worth a try :) We have a large & comfortable Globecar third bed in our Summit but it is bulky to store & also blocks the sliding door as an exit so if we had young children on board think using the Cabbunk with the front chairs would be preferable (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had a quick reply from Cabbunk who have kindly agreed to continue the sliding door kit offer for Funsters (y) Even better is that this kit is a non-drill way to fit the beds in all motorhomes not just van conversions - I'm unable to correct the first post on this thread so hope anyone interested reads down this far!
To keep the code for this offer just to paid subscription Funsters please message me or post on here & I can message you back :active:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
not collecting the van till Mid October so still a bit of time, when nearer the time i will speak with them if you don't get a response back, will keep checking the site for updates, thanks again.
Have sent you a PM - please see your Inbox.

monkeybrand

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
40 years camping caravan and campervan
Hi Wombles, I have been looking at the cabbunk system for a while now. We get out for the first time tomorrow in our (nearly) converted Boxer so I wondered if you could let me know the code please as the grandkids will be pestering on our return.

Kev

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles, I have been looking at the cabbunk system for a while now. We get out for the first time tomorrow in our (nearly) converted Boxer so I wondered if you could let me know the code please as the grandkids will be pestering on our return.

Kev
Have sent you a PM now :)

jonsey324

Free Member
Aug 31, 2020
Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68
Exp
i'm a newbie
Ordered mine yesterday, can’t speak highly enough of Richard, an absolute gent, went through everything with me in great detail.
Can’t wait till they arrive and we can get out and about and see what my son thinks of it.

monkeybrand

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
40 years camping caravan and campervan
Finally got round to ordering. What a nice guy Richard is. He remembered talking to Wombles and had a little chuckle. He added the free SLD kit without question and gave lots of info.
Thanks Wombles

Jun 27, 2019
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline B600
Exp
Hi wombles, could you send me the code if still available, getting these for my grandchildren for May BH!

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
This reminds me of the Commer camper my parents hired in the sixties. There were two rails that clipped to the door pillars and the A posts. This made into a bunk my sisters slept end to end on. I had a bunk in the pop top.

spicercrew

Free Member
Apr 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Campers Day Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a Ford Tourneo SWB van conversion (AutoCampers Day Van) with a poptop roof. I am considering a Cabbunk for my 5 year old, which would allow me to sleep upstairs in the poptop alongside my 8 year old, giving my wife the entire downstairs bed; need to make sure she gets the best nights sleep :-> This would hopefully allow her to sleep transverally (across the van) which in a short wheel base vehicle would mean I dont have to remove the 2nd row seats.

I usually use the front seats as a step up to get into the poptop, but with the Cabbunk installed dont think I will be able to do this.

Any advice on how to get up there ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a Ford Tourneo SWB van conversion (AutoCampers Day Van) with a poptop roof. I am considering a Cabbunk for my 5 year old, which would allow me to sleep upstairs in the poptop alongside my 8 year old, giving my wife the entire downstairs bed; need to make sure she gets the best nights sleep :-> This would hopefully allow her to sleep transverally (across the van) which in a short wheel base vehicle would mean I dont have to remove the 2nd row seats.

I usually use the front seats as a step up to get into the poptop, but with the Cabbunk installed dont think I will be able to do this.

Can you not do something with the existing cab seats for your 5 year old, or even your 8 year old?

spicercrew

Free Member
Apr 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Campers Day Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
thanks Minxy Girl, but not sure what you mean ? The Cabbunk sits over the cab seats and will make it difficult to stand on them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
thanks Minxy Girl, but not sure what you mean ? The Cabbunk sits over the cab seats and will make it difficult to stand on them.
I meant just a board and air mattress or something similar over the seat bases themselves to make them comfortable, and if necessary a pair of steps to access the upper bed.

spicercrew

Free Member
Apr 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Campers Day Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes I could make up a board & air mattress, but a board is going to take up room when packed and I quite liked the compact nature of the cab bunk

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes I could make up a board & air mattress, but a board is going to take up room when packed and I quite liked the compact nature of the cab bunk
If you don't want a board then lengthways strips of wood joined with webbing would do the same job and 'roll' up when not needed so wouldn't take any more room up than a cab-bunk, something like the below but with the slats lengthways instead of widthways, very easy to make:

1618992715453.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Maybe also ask Cabbunk https://www.cabbunk.co.uk/contact-us/ as they may have been asked this before & might have had feedback from customers on the various ways they used theirs?

Jun 22, 2021
San Jose, CA, USA
Funster No
MH
Thor Tranquility
Exp
Since April 2021!
I am in the US - does this apply to me as well? I will gladly pay for subscription as I am looking to buy a Cabbunk setup this week :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back