Cab Wind/Deflectors any good ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jenka, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jenka

Jenka Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm thinking of fitting Climair wind deflectors to my Peugeot based MH are they good value and any reviews please ?

2. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +11,624
    I had them on my Ducato for years they were not so cheap but worked well and never came off in all that time (y)

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +22,878
    Internal or external wind?

giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jenka

Jenka Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Mike

5. Jenka

Jenka Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    • Love it Love it x 1
  6. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

Ratings:
    +689
    Very good. Especially when it's hot and you don't want to feel cut off from the world.

7. busby

busby Funster

Ratings:
    +5,076
    Mine are external,,,work very well,,BUSBY,,

8. Vanderek

Vanderek Funster

Ratings:
    +864
    I have fitted them to previous and current motorhome...good for driving with some ventilation .without the noise ..but they reduce the room for leaning out when at toll machines...a bit of a Houdini moment.....now have ATMB TAG :D

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  9. Lofty1

Lofty1 Funster

Ratings:
    +3,790
    They all seem to be a brown colour which I found made my vision difficult on occasions cannot seem to find clear ones.

10. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +23,629
    We had some on a previous MH but didn't like the way they obscured the vision through the windows as they were tinted (which they all appear to be), we were also concerned about the effect they had on the window motor - when opening/closing it we could hear the motor struggling at times. They do work from a 'deflector' point of view but the 'cons' outweighed the benefit IMV.

11. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ratings:
    +19,241
    We had some on the VW T4 when we bought it. As others say I found them to restrict the vision so skipped 'em after a couple of weeks.

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. Musicboy

Musicboy Funster

Ratings:
    +194
    Had them on most vans & reckon they are good ... slight blue / grey tint... Prevents/ reduces wind noise when down too ...
    when stationary allows window to be slightly down for ventilation without letting water in .
    Some outlets sell them for £70.oo plus which is a bit of a rip off . At the shows . Motorhome accessories have them for half the price ... An easy fix .. Mist just slot in without using the metal clips ...

• Like it Like it x 1
  13. Allenaah

Allenaah Funster

Ratings:
    +56
    I have them fitted on my Peugeot absolute must if you haven't got Aircon,and if Musicboy is correct theres the Show at Manchester next weekend,I would be interested in knowing has your MH got Aircon

14. Guigsy

Guigsy Funster

Ratings:
    +265
    On my Ducato PVC, they do reduce motorway wind buffeting, but it was never that bad to begin with, certainly compared to all the cars I've been in. You can open the windows a bit on the move when it's raining, but in these cases it's probably cooler anyway, so the dash air vents do fine.

They do reduce vision a bit as even the non-tinted ones put edges and curved plastic in your sight lines... but then you don't need to look out the side windows that much. They don't even affect mirror vision much (although it might be worse on a MH with wider mirrors).

Problem I have with them is that I use an external thermal screen. After a couple of very windy nights, the continuous movement of the screen has scratched the plastic of the wind deflectors so they are now quite hazy. At some point I might try to polish them...

I probably won't bother with another set.

• Like it Like it x 1
  15. Jenka

Jenka Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    Not at the moment but intend too.

16. Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    I was thinking of fitting some of the Heki ones to my MH.

I can get the short ones like https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...3.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=171939151007&_sacat=0

Or the longer ones like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Defl...320089&hash=item25a8166bf1:g:U-4AAOSwrklVTPlp

I use external silver screens on my van and I'm concerned if either or both would cause problems with the screens.

Anyone used either, and with screens?

They are not a tenner throw away part so any feedback would be greatly appreciated

17. CCC

CCC Funster

Ratings:
    +2,960
    I fitted the Heki wind deflectors to our 2004 Ducato PVC and used them with external silver screens with on problems.
    You can wind the cab windows 2/3rds of the way down with little wind noise or buffeting which was a big improvement.
    You do need to trim a little off the flange that fits in the window track for them to fit properly but it's not a big deal.
    Now we have a 2013 coach built and I have found that that it fine with the windows down at speed as I think the bodywork extending out just behind the cab doors deflects the wind flow away.

deflector.jpg

• Like it Like it x 1
  18. Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    Hi. Did they obscure the view when using the door mirrors?

19. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +5,101
    I installed ours and find them great for reducing nou and buffering when the windows are open. No visibility restrictions and no issues with external blinds.