Cab battery access - Elegance i821G (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Am trying to work out how to gain access to the cab battery as it's not holding charge properly - manual gives no clue. Everything is so jam-packed in the engine compartment that I assume I have to take the (very large) top off the dashboard? But that seems to be jammed under the uprights that contain the interior screens. Before I end up dismantling the whole van, can anyone advise on how they replace batteries when they're this difficult to access? Can't see the local ATS being too thrilled with it. :Sad:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Maz, I know what your saying :Doh: I always let our garage do it, when I had the last van I said put the biggest one on that you can, tried to get it out one day and gave up in the end. :roflmto:
We had a new one on our A Class a while back and they did that without removing the dash board.:winky: Made them swear ( so I was told when we paid ). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We had a new one on our A Class a while back and they did that without removing the dash board.:winky: Made them swear ( so I was told when we paid ). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

I've just been on the phone to the dealer I bought it from and he reckons they should be able to get the battery out through the bonnet, although various struts and brackets will have to be removed. The ATS is only 5 miles away so I think I'll go and annoy them first. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Last winter our vehicle battery catastrophically failed. The local garage replaced it at home with one the same size. Had to take the bonnet off and then managed to slide it out using a small plank of wood. He tried to persuade me to have it relocated:RollEyes:, but that would cost me a huge amount of money to save him a bit of effort :whatthe:
Nah_Emote_by_DarKyriel.png
::bigsmile:

John

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well, I've been over to the ATS - and there's nowt wrong with the battery. Very nice man tested it thoroughly for me. I think he was even more relieved than I was that it was ok in view of its location! ::bigsmile:

However, if the battery is ok then there's something somewhere causing it to drain down ......
:Sad:
Will post a separate thread to see if anyone has any ideas what that might be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back