Cab 12v wiring for fiat cheyenne 696g 3.0 160 multijet (1 Viewer)

jetsets

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
derby
Funster No
MH
hitop
Exp
Hi anyone got any info on where I can find some 12v ( always on) and ignition switched 12v and if poss the speed signal for my 2008 Cheyenne SE. its a 2008 Fiat 3.0 160 Multijet

I have my old VDO sat nav ready to go in but don't want to start too much poking in the wiring, I am competent at wiring and understand electronics/electrics, but if anyone has some tips it would save me some time.
When I took it out of the old van it looked a bit of a bodge into the existing looms behind the glove box and dash.

Cheers

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Hi anyone got any info on where I can find some 12v ( always on) and ignition switched 12v and if poss the speed signal for my 2008 Cheyenne SE. its a 2008 Fiat 3.0 160 Multijet

I have my old VDO sat nav ready to go in but don't want to start too much poking in the wiring, I am competent at wiring and understand electronics/electrics, but if anyone has some tips it would save me some time.
When I took it out of the old van it looked a bit of a bodge into the existing looms behind the glove box and dash.

Cheers

have you had a look here?

Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
switched and unswitched supplies should be easy enough to trace in the ign switch harness multi plug or there may even be a couple couple of spare ways in the fuse box

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp

Cheers

Need age and type of van if you can, then I can give you the info. The power supply depends on what type of van it is, as some newer ones need to be isolated.

Scratch that - must read properly! PM Sent.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
x250s run canbus systems permenant live can be direct from battery but im not sure how you would get a ignition feed maybe rainbow can tell me as well

OP
OP
J

jetsets

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
derby
Funster No
MH
hitop
Exp
found something behind radio

Hi Thanks for messages and replies, found switched and perm live behind radio, in fact radio does not run off the normal (yellow) perm live so can use that. wire already cut for me to connect to.
Found a switched live also there ( Red). also had a pm saying where to look for speed wire so looking good so far. Just the rain now making it a pain to work on - opening closing doors in and out getting tools connecters etc.

many thanks all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back