C1 renewal at 70 (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Your reply fills me with dread Barry, I don't have any medical issues so lets hope its a straightforward exercise on their part.
With no medical issues I had my 70th, had medical, sent off forms and had my licence returned, and collected a 5.4 tonnes motorhome within the same week.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
What ever you do keep copies especially your Drivers Licence as if they inadvertently knock off your C1 entitlement as I have heard it has happened , you have proof with the copies

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Great result from DVLA C1 renewal application posted 16th December, new licence arrived back today 28th, posted 24th December, really quick, all correct.

Used D 4 Drivers, very pleased, blood pressure was borderline 178/ 92, doctor advised getting readings from GP. Readings at GP considerable lower, took them back to D4 Drivers ( no additional cost) noted on C1 form , that probably “white coat syndrome” wasn’t sure that readings would be accepted by DV LA , but all Okay.
Great result, not due for renewal until late Feb but renewed early, as licence needed for Motorhome hire in Australia inFeb.
Turn around time very quick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i know this is an old thread but the info is still relevant to lots of us...

read this on DVLA site today regarding medicals so thought i would pass it on.. applogies if you already had it posted or Know.

"quote"!
As of 20 June 2019, DVLA no longer accepts medical applications (D4) completed by Doctors on Wheels Ltd.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
What ever you do keep copies especially your Drivers Licence as if they inadvertently knock off your C1 entitlement as I have heard it has happened , you have proof with the copies

Don`t EVER, send anything to DVLA without having made a good copy of your licence and documentation.

!"loosing", entitlements is par for the course. I "lost" my HGV. and had to do a retake, when I needed it for my R-V. A pal "lost" his Motorcycle Entitlement, and had to do a retake. And WE are not the only ones.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
!"loosing", entitlements is par for the course. I "lost" my HGV. and had to do a retake, when I needed it for my R-V. A pal "lost" his Motorcycle Entitlement, and had to do a retake. And WE are not the only ones.
I read of an experienced motorcycle Police Traffic Officer of many years, losing his motorcycle category, due the inept actions of DVLA. Even intervention by his Chief Constable didn't cut it with the Swansea officials, and he had to retake his test.

Cheers,

Jock.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Bloody AGEIST. That`s what it is. NO difference between a 3.5t and a 4t. Just some shiny arsed scrote in the DVLA`s idea is all. IF we where a "Ethnic Minority" they wouldnt dare try it on!.
Yes,, If a Motorhome is a car up to 3.5t for tax purposes, Why do we need a HGV med to drive the same van that is 3.650t?????. I have just got my licence back from DVLA in middle of Dec.,It ran out in the middle of August. Forms came while I was in France from Mid May - mid June,had to send licence off with completed forms then, so Have not been back across Chanel since then. Well peed off. And I only have it for 1 Year again
like last year!!, Next Dec I have the HGV medical again!! I cant downsize cos my van is 6.4t. It just gets worse and worse.
Bruce

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Just checked the DVLA website and yay My updating application posted 12/122019 has been successful and I am back to 3850kg new V5 will be in the post I guess. ???
2AC2E197-8066-4BD8-B11B-E23D03F6BBC0.png

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
New V5 arrived today and all in order so back at 3850kg, it’s been a long drawn out struggle with the DVLA

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Yes,, If a Motorhome is a car up to 3.5t for tax purposes, Why do we need a HGV med to drive the same van that is 3.650t?????.
The law was made by parliament not the dvla.
There is a weight limit and that's it. Irrespective of your thoughts, if a mh or van or goods vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes then you need the appropriate licence . If it's over 7.5 tonnes, you need the appropriate licence and if it's a hgv or psv, then you need the appropriate licence. It's not abitory but legislation.
So to are the age requirements. Start age that you can obtain a (provisional) licence and any medical requirements .
These are the law, whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant, it has to be abided to otherwise you face prosecution. Saying that what's the difference between 3.5 tonnes and 3.65 tonnes is like saying that what's the difference between 1.6 mm tyre tread and 1.5 mm. It's illegal.
No use anyone shouting ageist for licence purposes. There are reasons why medicals are required at certain ages (not going into medical conditions), because it's the law. It's not ageist to say that you are required to have a medical at 70 , just as much as it isn't ageist to say that you can't take a text till 17.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back