Free Member
May 8, 2014
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
A couple of years...France/Spain/Portugal and Blighty
I am hoping someone can recommend a C1 Driver Licence training/testing crowd. I am just uprating my Hymer from 3500 to 3850 kgs. and find that although I passed my test (well) before 1 Jan 1997 in Australia, the DVLA only gave me a B when I converted it to UK. I am 61 years old. A quick Google search results in eye watering 4 figure prices for 5 day courses! Can anyone suggest a reasonably price company offering a 1-2 day course for an experienced driver? I'm hoping that one might even allow use of own vehicle (my MH)? I've just done the medical and can knock off the theory quick smart...

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I am hoping someone can recommend a C1 Driver Licence training/testing crowd. I am just uprating my Hymer from 3500 to 3850 kgs. and find that although I passed my test (well) before 1 Jan 1997 in Australia, the DVLA only gave me a B when I converted it to UK. I am 61 years old. A quick Google search results in eye watering 4 figure prices for 5 day courses! Can anyone suggest a reasonably price company offering a 1-2 day course for an experienced driver? I'm hoping that one might even allow use of own vehicle (my MH)? I've just done the medical and can knock off the theory quick smart...
Tbf, one a variety of threads on here it appears that it's around £1k to do the C1 licence. I think, unless there is someone on here, local recommendations are better.!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It may take some effort as most DVLA staff are brain dead but have you contacted them to try and get it reinstated. If not have a go and don't take the first No you get as a definitive answer they make up the rules as they go along.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
As you are an experienced driver do you actually need to do a course? Can you not just apply for a test?

Denise (a lady with absolutely no idea! but might be worth asking the question)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
As you are an experienced driver do you actually need to do a course? Can you not just apply for a test?

Denise (a lady with absolutely no idea!)
Unfortunately the OP would need a suitable vehicle and his Moho wouldn't be accepted as a suitable vehicle. However, there may be a local driver training company that MAY do an assessment then just the test but really, why would they?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back