W
May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks guys for all your comments. I am now worried about the medical with D4Drivers. I can't see how they can do a thorough job for £55. I will have to check over the forms myself before I send them on. Also I am concerned that my list of dilapidation s will prohibit me getting the C1 licence anyway. I have Sleep apnoea, ICD fitted , Type 2 & blood pressure. All well controlled but ....who knows.
If all fails and as last resort, I will be able to down plate the Hymer to 3500 kg. It will be a pain due to the limiting pay load but is just possible.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Thanks guys for all your comments. I am now worried about the medical with D4Drivers. I can't see how they can do a thorough job for £55. I will have to check over the forms myself before I send them on. Also I am concerned that my list of dilapidation s will prohibit me getting the C1 licence anyway. I have Sleep apnoea, ICD fitted , Type 2 & blood pressure. All well controlled but ....who knows.
If all fails and as last resort, I will be able to down plate the Hymer to 3500 kg. It will be a pain due to the limiting pay load but is just possible.
With regard to sleep aponea, if your cpap device is capable of generating a report and you have the software to read it, i would recommend that you generate a report and include it with your application, all the dvla are interested in is if you are compliant with your therapy.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I wouldn't use Doctors4Drivers again. Because I had a very minor stroke in Dec '19 the DVLA weren't satisfied that they had sufficient background knowledge of my medical history they contacted my own doctor and also sent me for a treadmill stress test and further eye tests. If I'd used my own GP with access to all my medical records I'm sure I wouldn't have had all this aggro. I applied for my licence renewal in November and I've still got to go for another eye test, so still no licence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
When we used to be able to use dr on wheels, they was better at filling in the form then my local dr. I guess as they was doing it every day they had it down to a fine art. I personally had no complaints about them.

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
I allowed my C1 to lapse when I reached 70.
I know we cant go anywhere at the moment, but do I stand a chance of a) getting an/eyesight/medical, b) getting my C1 reinstated at this time?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
D4 do not only have any info on you so you nerd to provide them with the information but also they do not keep any record of the medical so once you have the form and left the Dr that's it.
If you use D4 make sure you get the Dr to talk you through if they see any issues for the DVLA.
Good luck hope all goes well

Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
D4 do not only have any info on you so you nerd to provide them with the information but also they do not keep any record of the medical so once you have the form and left the Dr that's it.
If you use D4 make sure you get the Dr to talk you through if they see any issues for the DVLA.
Good luck hope all goes well
Hi Wild Bunch,
I used my GP for my first C1 at 70,
and the form he filled in was returned by the DVLA as incomplete information TWICE
he was eager to stress the fee at the time £90
when I was reminded by the surgery that I had not paid
I left a cheque in the surgery letter box in minutes I had a phone
call to say they only accepted cash payment (surprise surprise)
I did not respond and the cheque was eventually cashed
three years later I filled in every possible detail on the D4 myself including taking my own blood pressure on three consecutive days, listing all medications doctors names consultants names, every possible detail
I could fill in myself I did, booked a D4 drivers appointment £55 three years after my GP charged £90
as someone else has already said, they completed the paperwork very efficiently and there were no questions from the DVLA
although I needed a stress test, which is the norm for applicants for a C1 with ticker history,
and as you say, you will if all does not work out for your C1, to down-plate your current van,
so go for the C1 and good luck with the outcome.

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
With regard to sleep aponea, if your cpap device is capable of generating a report and you have the software to read it, i would recommend that you generate a report and include it with your application, all the dvla are interested in is if you are compliant with your therapy.
I use SleepyHead software. Do you know of any others?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back