Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Anyone else having a problem getting the necessary forms from DVLA to apply to maintain their C1 entitlement, it is now three weeks since I wrote to them requesting the forms, which I believe are not available from the post office, and nothing. I think it is fair to say the DVLA is no longer fit for purpose unless you want to do a simple re- taxing of your car.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Anyone else having a problem getting the necessary forms from DVLA to apply to maintain their C1 entitlement, it is now three weeks since I wrote to them requesting the forms, which I believe are not available from the post office, and nothing. I think it is fair to say the DVLA is no longer fit for purpose unless you want to do a simple re- taxing of your car.

Do you mean this Alan http://www.gov.ai/forms/passport/form-c1.pdf....

Or this Alan

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence-at-70

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Link Removed

link to the form kindly put on by Old Mo recently:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Alan I am at home at the moment and its near DVLA (12 miles) so if it would help I could drop in collect the form and forward it to you.

PM me if it would help:winky:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I think this is the latest form that dr fills in more recent than the last one:Smile:

Broken Link Removed

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I downloaded the forms onto a monochrome printer and they were accepted without question, you don't actually need the originals sent out by DVLA.

Mike

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Alan I am at home at the moment and its near DVLA (12 miles) so if it would help I could drop in collect the form and forward it to you.

PM me if it would help:winky:

thanks ever so much John but there is just so much rubbish talked about the DVLA now and one version is that there is no access at Swansea for callers true or not I do not know and apparently one form has a plastic sleeve that cannot be down loaded. Fact or urban myth I wish I knew

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks all, a timely reminder for me, mine comes up in November so have printed off and can get started I believe up to 3 months in advance:thumb:

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks all, a timely reminder for me, mine comes up in November so have printed off and can get started I believe up to 3 months in advance:thumb:

Larry the one that Leslyjean has kindly posted is the D4 form which is down loadable on line but there is also required a mystical D2 form which contains a plastic pocket that can only be obtained from the DVLA or this is what I have been led to believe---- If anyone approaching 70 years of age and wants to retain the right to drive over 3500 Kg and knows any different please pass on the information as even DVLA are offering conflicting stories

Cheers Alan

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry the one that Leslyjean has kindly posted is the D4 form which is down loadable on line but there is also required a mystical D2 form which contains a plastic pocket that can only be obtained from the DVLA or this is what I have been led to believe---- If anyone approaching 70 years of age and wants to retain the right to drive over 3500 Kg and knows any different please pass on the information as even DVLA are offering conflicting stories

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan, that could be the application form that accompanies the D4 Medical. the only thing on the website that comes anywhere near it is the D47P but not sure about that , I will keep searching

regards

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi Alan, that could be the application form that accompanies the D4 Medical. the only thing on the website that comes anywhere near it is the D47P but not sure about that , I will keep searching

regards

Larry not sure about a D47P but DVLA will send you a I believe a D46P two months before your birthday but filling this in will not give you the C1 bit on your licence. Keep searching we may come up with a definitive answer eventually.

If you await the DVLA and want to go abroad for winter then I am afraid we will be too late

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry not sure about a D47P but DVLA will send you a I believe a D46P two months before your birthday but filling this in will not give you the C1 bit on your licence. Keep searching we may come up with a definitive answer eventually.

If you await the DVLA and want to go abroad for winter then I am afraid we will be too late

Alan, I have PMd young Mo ::bigsmile: he may well remember which application form is needed.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You two can save yourselves an awfull lot of time,stress and postage
simply cut up your licences and bin em
Cos you will never see them again once you send em in:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Glad I never bothered with one all those years ago:RollEyes:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
The other form needed is a D2 Form which needs to be ordered from DVLA.

You cannot download it as it has a clear plastic square that you attach your photograph to.

Fill in form D2 along with the D4 and proof of identity etc and send them off together to the DVLA:Smile:

Good luck:thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
70+

Hi Alan when my licence was due in December 2011 my renewal would have interfered with winters in Spain so I bought it forward to august.
I was told how difficult it was to renew so I rang up D.v.l.a.in Swansea and they sent me forms D2 and D4 by return of post and when filled in by my doctor my new licence with ci entitlement was returned in 4 days.
I could' nt fault the service
Alan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Alan when my licence was due in December 2011 my renewal would have interfered with winters in Spain so I bought it forward to august.
I was told how difficult it was to renew so I rang up D.v.l.a.in Swansea and they sent me forms D2 and D4 by return of post and when filled in by my doctor my new licence with ci entitlement was returned in 4 days.
I could' nt fault the service
Alan

Then you have a fake :Eeek:easily identified by being in your possession:ROFLMAO:
Its very cruel of you to give these boys false hope
The little plastic bit is to keep photo dry when you kiss your licence good by:ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Then you have a fake :Eeek:easily identified by being in your possession:ROFLMAO:
Its very cruel of you to give these boys false hope
The little plastic bit is to keep photo dry when you kiss your licence good by:ROFLMAO:

Aw come on Geo, life would end without my RV :Eeek:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I don't recall having to send a photo at all-I seem to remember there was some option to authorise them to use passport pic-which is on file.
Mike

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I don't recall having to send a photo at all-I seem to remember there was some option to authorise them to use passport pic-which is on file.
Mike

From what I have gleaned so far it really can depend on who handles it down at Swansea it is becoming apparent that so many down there do not have a clue what they are doing.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
From what I have gleaned so far it really can depend on who handles it down at Swansea it is becoming apparent that [HI]so many down there do not have a clue what they are doing.
[/HI]

Unlike us you mean? :ROFLMAO:

Did you manage to get off that car park yet? :thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
70+

I believe this is the phone number that is for licence renewables
0300 790 6801 unless it has altered
Alan

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
DVLA. AAAARGHHHH Just rang their driving licence department calls cost £1.53 per minute and you are number 240 in the queue and this and previous governments wonder why we are drifting towards UKIP

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I rang it and due to calls waiting ring back later :Eeek:
Useless eejits :Doh:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I believe this is the phone number that is for licence renewables
0300 790 6801 unless it has altered
Alan
If your calls are inclusive, try this number. It won't shorten the wait, but at least you won't be charged a small fortune for the privilege. :winky: 01792 782341

Cheers,

Jock.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Ok......we all know DVLA are not fit for purpose, I have been posting it on here for yonks :RollEyes: I try to deal with them daily :cry: so let me save you all the phone calls heartache and worry........you need two forms the medical form D4 for your doctor to fill in you only need to know your name and date of birth for that form :thumb: then you need a D2 that is the licence application form if you already have a photocard licence and the photo is in date (see the plastic part of your licence) then no more photo's needed, you can obtain both these forms on line downloadable (links supplied by others already) or DVLA will eventually post them to you........if you are struggling still then contact me PM or 0797 475 8989 and for the postage I will send not one set but two (you can then F up :ROFLMAO:) by return post because unlike the post office we keep about 2-4,000 in stock :thumb: see one PM and it would have been sorted Alan what are friends for but to help :thumb: any questions give me a call :Cool:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Ok......we all know DVLA are not fit for purpose, I have been posting it on here for yonks :RollEyes: I try to deal with them daily :cry: so let me save you all the phone calls heartache and worry........you need two forms the medical form D4 for your doctor to fill in you only need to know your name and date of birth for that form :thumb: then you need a D2 that is the licence application form if you already have a photocard licence and the photo is in date (see the plastic part of your licence) then no more photo's needed, you can obtain both these forms on line downloadable (links supplied by others already) or DVLA will eventually post them to you........if you are struggling still then contact me PM or 0797 475 8989 and for the postage I will send not one set but two (you can then F up :ROFLMAO:) by return post because unlike the post office we keep about 2-4,000 in stock :thumb: see one PM and it would have been sorted Alan what are friends for but to help :thumb: any questions give me a call :Cool:

All the best Rick

Now this is exactly what this Motor Home Fun forum is all about worth a whole lot more than a tenner---------Thanks again Rick

Cheers Alan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well Alan your absolutely right the customer services at the DVLA Swansea is shut down:Mad:

I was in Swansea today so thought i would drop in and all closed up........

What a shame they used to be really helpful.....

Got a number plate transfer coming up so really saddened at this.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back