C-tourer T143 anyone (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We are considering this as our next van and was wondering whether anyone has a recent one who can give an opinion on the washroom arrangement particularly the shower space. We currently have a French bed model which has a good size shower. We are both fairly normal sizes. We haven't been able to find one at dealers to try!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have an A-class 138 but it has the same washroom, we find the shower good and gives quite a bit of space ... yes you can pick the soap up off the floor! :giggle:

If you shower every day you may prefer a separate shower but that goes for all showers that share the washroom space, if not then I can't see why it wouldn't be okay for you.

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
we have the same van as Mel and find the shower plenty big enough for our svelt frames...only issue is there is no shelf inside the shower for gels, shampoo etc and, due to the sliding 'teleporter' door, not much room on the back wall....but i made a slim plastic 'carrier' with suckers that sits next to the 'tap'.
apparently, 2021 models have addressed this but i havent yet seen how it was acheived...
we do plenty of 'no showers' camping and find the one in the van a very good balance between a roomy shower/washroom and the overall compact nature of the i138.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
we have the same van as Mel and find the shower plenty big enough for our svelt frames...only issue is there is no shelf inside the shower for gels, shampoo etc and, due to the sliding 'teleporter' door, not much room on the back wall....but i made a slim plastic 'carrier' with suckers that sits next to the 'tap'.
apparently, 2021 models have addressed this but i havent yet seen how it was acheived...
we do plenty of 'no showers' camping and find the one in the van a very good balance between a roomy shower/washroom and the overall compact nature of the i138.
I have a plastic sucker basket above the tap which nicely sits behind the folded door without causing an issue/having to be removed. I'm not a fan of shower gel and prefer soap - you can make your own 'soap on a rope' by drilling a hole through a bar of soap and putting a piece of cord through then it can be hung up so you don't have to keep picking it up and popping it down again each time you want to use it, you just leave it where it is and rub your hands on the bar, it also means that you don't end up with a soapy mess where you put it down either or risk the dreaded dropping it on the floor!

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
sorry Mel, stopped using soap decades ago....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yeah I know ... I can smell you from here! :rofl:

(You walked right into that one didn't you! :giggle: )

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Seriously ... I prefer soap as I find a lot of the shower gels take an age to rinse off leaving a 'film' of some sort on the skin which I detest. At present I have a proper Minion 'soap on a rope' :giggle:

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
Seriously ... I prefer soap as I find a lot of the shower gels take an age to rinse off leaving a 'film' of some sort on the skin which I detest. At present I have a proper Minion 'soap on a rope' :giggle:
That is a pet hate of mine, why do they have to make them so slimey?, horrible stuff!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back