Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Are they having a Giraffe!
£12 per night for a non member
Per booking I can understang but per night !

Example
Pitch fees for 1 night(s) @ £7.30 per night £7.30
Non-member charge for 1 night(s) @ £12.00 per night £12.00
2 adult for 1 night(s) @ £7.10 per adult per night £14.20
TOTAL £33.50

Pitch fees for 2 night(s) @ £7.30 per night £14.60
Non-member charge for 2 night(s) @ £12.00 per night £24.00
2 adult for 2 night(s) @ £7.10 per adult per night £28.40
TOTAL £67.00

If you were on your own thats almost double the cost, for a couple its a 50% increase. Grrrrrr
4 Nights and it covers cost of membership which although makes it worthwhile, In my books is sodding blackmail !

Disgraceful.

I am member of C&CC as I use some of their discounts eg Tunnel and their CL sites are great. However in the 12 months i've been a member no once has anyone asked me if I was a member !

Problem I have is booked into the Gin Festival in Peterborough on 18th November 2017 and this is only real site I know of. Dont want to wild camp as will be pissed as a newt when get back to MH and would rather not have a conversation with a local bobby over drink driving.

Not happy at all.

RANT OVER.....

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Going on Sunday for 6 days to meet up with fellow golfers from La Manga but had to rejoin as this year we did not after 25 years continuous membership. On the plus side they were cheaper on the car insurance than the Camping Club

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Don't quite follow the argument here..

It's a 'club' and its members enjoy the perks of membership ie cheaper site fees than non-members.

If you broke down but weren't a member of the AA, would you expect them to come and recover you?

You pays your money and takes your choice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Sorry, but I think that it is quite reasonable. That is why people join the "club".

I'm a member of the National Trust: it costs almost £60 pa. If someone goes to one property, it might cost them £15; for me it's "free" BUT I need to go to 4 properties before I've broken even. That's a choice I make.

I can buy a "gourmet" card for £60ish: it gives me "half-price meals" at a number of restaurants. I could go to a place and pay full price for the meal; if I chose to buy this discount card, I get it "cheaper" but I need to eat out enough times to make it worthwhile. I make that choice.

You have a similar choice with CMC: if you don't like it, don't go or don't join. :whistle:

Gordon

PS Is this Fri eve blues? :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back