LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Martin was unwell over the weekend and we cut short our trip so as to get home. Last night we stayed at Durham Grange C&MC site and the wardens were brilliant. They went far beyond what was necessary or expected and I am so grateful to them.

We were put onto a disabled pitch and the warden ensured I had a RADAR key. During the evening and in the morning the warden called at the van to ensure we were okay and to see if they could be of any further assistance.

We are now home. I will be writing to C&MC Head Office and dropping a note of thanks to the site office. I am not sure how I would have coped without the help of the site wardens - they made things much easier for me.

EDIT: Martin now starting to feel better - he has follow up medical appointment in the morning.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
352505011_0_640x640.jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Sorry to hear that Helen... you cant have been more than a kick in the ass from mine...you should have called.. you could have stopped here the night...
Hope Martin is sorted soon...
Andy..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry to hear Martin feeling unwell, get well soon. Nice to hear about good helpful wardens :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sorry to hear that Helen... you cant have been more than a kick in the ass from mine...you should have called.. you could have stopped here the night...
Hope Martin is sorted soon...
Andy..

TBH didn't even think about anything but getting to a site we knew had facilities. the previous site would have made a good travelers' site had several thousand been invested :( Will be complaining about that one to the people who licence sites - a truckers' layby would have been better maintained and cleaned.

The big clubs get "knocked" but you know exactly what sort of facilities and the standard to expect when you go. We have stayed on some fabulous sites both club owned and private but equally we have had a few bad experiences on private sites, and one awful experience when we left during the night when things got noisy and rowdy and the owners stood by and laughed as matters escalated.

Martin's brother lives near Durham and had got us some extra strong painkillers which he brought over. I had also bought some fast acting Ibuprofen liquid at a motorway services which helped a lot.

Very grateful for the concern though :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'm please that you're getting well Martin(y). (The Durham bunch are good guys so it's nice to read a positive report).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back