Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I was most incensed yesterday when we rolled up on the re-opening date of the said site and was put onto a pitch when I asked to move to either one of a choice of 4 pitches in the same area the warden said sorry they they are being kept for bigger van than you.
I accepted this until I saw the warden later directing 2 vans which were smaller than us into the very same pitches, now as the site is no where near full I went to the office to query this and was told that they had booked a longer pitch on line so it was out of their hands .
Well a long discussion followed and the warden spouting rules so as we were going to stay longer anyway asked to book into the longer pitches for the following week and was told I could not as the pitches were being kept for longer units, so I said why are you leaving shorter units in the ones that you have said were for longer units???
(Phew this is turning into a marathon post!!!!!):ROFLMAO:
So the outcome is I have pushed her the warden into booking us into a "larger" pitch even though in reality it isnt larger than the other ones!!!
She said she will allow it this time but that she would get into trouble for allowing us to do this.:RollEyes:
And no we didnt choose to go elswhere as that would be cutting off our nose to spite our face as this was our original choice, which took a long time to decide on.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed on this site a few years ago and we found they favoured caravans and they had the best pitches. We found most pitches were quite small and difficult to access.
There was then an excellent chinese retaurant 5mins walk from the site, don't know if it is still there. Plenty of good walks around also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I think that on the on line booking system you can book a bigger pitch. Not sure if you have to put the length of the unit in. You could always add a metre.....

Sonja

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Pull up at this site without a booking and see what nasty is :Doh::Doh: and they had lots of free spaces :cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
C & CC Chichester

Ask the Holiday Site Manager to ask the Area Manager to contact you to discuss your concerns.....members usually have the choice of available pitch types booked. A member can book a pitch type, but no a specific pitch number.

From your post, I suspect some customer care refresher training is called for!!!

Nomadic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back