C&CC hoping to build new club site in South Wales (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
From their Facebook page:

The Club has submitted a planning application to establish a new 90 pitch Club Site at Margam Country Park in South Wales! The site would be well-placed to explore the South Wales coastline, including the Gower Peninsula, and act as a potential place to break up a journey to Club Sites on Wales’ west coast. Work is hoped to start later this year, subject to planning approval!
Haven't been to Margam Park for several years (used to visit quite often) but I do remember seeing quite a lot of caravans/motorhomes at the far end of the park every year, presumably on THS/rally events.

Probably a bit too close for me to use, but could be useful for anyone heading west along the M4.....if they get planning permission.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
the south and west wales ccc have 3 or 4 rallys there every year been to a few a couple of years ago, good for walking around the park,and the orangery but thats it, all hard standing.on old carpark.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Must admit I do like walking around the place. Pity some of it has been left to decay. The main steps up to the house from the orangery are in a very bad state of repair.:Sad:

Still a great place to visit with loads of history.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
yers i agree but i was there last year [not camping] was in a wedding,and they were doing a lot of repairs to house and steps but nice walk around the lake and plenty of canadian geese flying around .:thumb:

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
the south and west wales ccc have 3 or 4 rallys there every year been to a few a couple of years ago, good for walking around the park,and the orangery but thats it, all hard standing.on old carpark.

Yes...that rings a bell...years ago the main entrance was at the other end of the park.

Must admit I do like walking around the place. Pity some of it has been left to decay. The main steps up to the house from the orangery are in a very bad state of repair.:Sad:

They weren't great the last time I was there.

I wonder if the boar and pot-bellied pigs are still there? Must visit again soon :Blush:

And let's not forget the wonderful view of beautiful Port Talbot that greets any visitors :RollEyes:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Good for caravanners but not so good for motorhomes unless just for weekend or en route to somewhere else suppose this means all club rallies will stop

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
I visit there quite often and i loves it ::bigsmile: great walks for us and the dogs, animal area and bike trails & much more. There are lots of events on in the summer too, it`s another real gem on my doorstep.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes...that rings a bell...years ago the main entrance was at the other end of the park.

They weren't great the last time I was there.

I wonder if the boar and pot-bellied pigs are still there? Must visit again soon :Blush:

[HI]And let's not forget the wonderful view of beautiful Port Talbot that greets any visitors [/HI]:RollEyes:

Isn't that what paid for it all?:winky:

PS Really rubbish grammar from me!

OP
OP
1_man_and_his_dob(lo)
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Bringing an old thread back to life...I visited Margam today for the first time since I posted 2 years ago.

There were 9 caravans and a motorhome, presumably a rally, on the old car park. No sign of any development. I can't even find a planning application for the club site on Neath Port Talbot CBC's web site.

It looks like this site proposal has disappeared without a trace.

Reactions: DBK
May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Historic car rally there this year too to replace the established on that used to be held in Tredegar Park

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back