C&CC family and access to sites/CSs (1 Viewer)

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I took the plunge and joined the C&CC last night, noting that membership covered us both plus any children.

Then noticed that “children” can only be named if U17. The club don’t appear to offer student membership and associate membership would not be used as we will not anticipate attending club events.

Like many others, I suppose, our student son in his 20s still lives with us and might use the MH himself for a socially distanced break. He’s an experienced and responsible camper. Can anyone advise how pedantic site wardens and/or CS owners are about checking membership? He obviously has the same surname and we could book in advance for club sites, but may occasionally turn up or call ahead to a CS. The membership card will live in the MH and can be shown if required.

Do funsters anticipate there would be any trouble with this?

OP
OP
ManTheVan

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
So if he can produce a membership card, he should be OK?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Of course you may be committing fraud, or obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception thereby obtaining a criminal conviction. But seriously if he has the membership card they are hardly going to care as Club sites do check cards.

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
If you are happy defrauding the C&CC then go ahead but don't be surprised if one of the Managers clocks its not his card and sends him packing.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Might be an idea to only pay in cash at sites as they will notice a difference in names on a credit card.
C&CC do, I think, allow you to pay an extra subscription for extra family members but you wouldn't be able to book separate sites for the same dates.
Edit: Caravan Club allow an extra family member for an extra £8 per year.

Deleted User
I assume you do not have age concession ( over 55 ) other wise he will have to get some khaki shorts, sandals and socks.

spongy

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
If they think you are trying to deceive them you will be court marshalled then put in front of a firing squad.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I assume you do not have age concession ( over 55 ) other wise he will have to get some khaki shorts, sandals and socks.

spongy
I think we'd be more concerned if his 20 year old son's wrinkles looked anything like the OP's! :whistle2: ;):giggle:

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
My daughter came to use Mh on a ccc site, they made her buy her own membership. Still cheaper, or was, than renting a cottage or static on one of the local sites. This was Bowness on Windermere.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I took the plunge and joined the C&CC last night, noting that membership covered us both plus any children.

Then noticed that “children” can only be named if U17. The club don’t appear to offer student membership and associate membership would not be used as we will not anticipate attending club events.

Like many others, I suppose, our student son in his 20s still lives with us and might use the MH himself for a socially distanced break. He’s an experienced and responsible camper. Can anyone advise how pedantic site wardens and/or CS owners are about checking membership? He obviously has the same surname and we could book in advance for club sites, but may occasionally turn up or call ahead to a CS. The membership card will live in the MH and can be shown if required.

Do funsters anticipate there would be any trouble with this?
I have found that not many 5van sites don't seem to bother they are happy to see the pitches full, but club sites are a different ball game altogether in my experience they check your card carefully ask all manner of questions like when did you change your underwear last, no seriously nothing much gets past them little Hitlers, jobsworths the lot of them.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The CSs we've used must be more like the club sites then! We've always been asked either for our card or our membership number if we phone to book!

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Ive even been asked why did we use a 4 yr old book to get the phone number. Cos when searching for a site we work together independently ie look at 2 books.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
He can stay as a non member, you are mostly only talking of a few £’s difference 🤔

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I don’t think many CS sites bothered much with membership cards / numbers in the past.

However we have stayed on a CS in Dorset a couple of times recently and the owner was very keen to see our cards, apparently there had been ‘complaints’ that he was not asking for membership details.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back