C&CC & C&MC Cost Vs. Benefits (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
C&CC gives you the option of not paying an extra £5 a night for hookup
Janine... EXTREMELY interested to read this.. we have not used club sites now for quite a while due to this IMO unfair leccy tax.
How do you secure this discount. I don't remember any mention of it in the past. Can you still book on line or do you need to book direct with site.???

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Janine... EXTREMELY interested to read this.. we have not used club sites now for quite a while due to this IMO unfair leccy tax.
How do you secure this discount. I don't remember any mention of it in the past. Can you still book on line or do you need to book direct with site.???
You just choose a non-electric pitch!
Screenshot_20210511-211311_Samsung Internet.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Ah see what you saying Janine but whenever I have tried to book in past I don't remember being given a hardstanding pitch with no electric option.
Just had a look at a few sites and there doesn't seem to be an option of hardstanding without electric, just grass pitches - which I prefer for the dog.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Just had a look at a few sites and there doesn't seem to be an option of hardstanding without electric, just grass pitches - which I prefer for the dog.
Yes sorry... I got all excited by your post because I thought you were saying CCC offered discount if you did not use leccy on any pitch even if EHU available on pitch. Oh well back to the rally field. 😃😃

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Yes sorry... I got all excited by your post because I thought you were saying CCC offered discount if you did not use leccy on any pitch even if EHU available on pitch. Oh well back to the rally field. 😃😃
With battery technology improving this has so be something both clubs should look at sooner rather than later 👍🏻

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I think it would be difficult for the wardens to police if you were parked next to an electric bollard but hadn't paid to use it so new pitches would need to be built. The mark-up on electric must make it not viable.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I think it would be difficult for the wardens to police if you were parked next to an electric bollard but hadn't paid to use it so new pitches would need to be built. The mark-up on electric must make it not viable.
Old age memory syndrome but did that not used to be the way it was before supply of electric rules were changed.. you were Charged for pitch and of if you wanted leccy you paid for that separately???

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’ve stayed on a few of the CL’s but I’m not a member of either, only been asked once for a membership card and said I haven’t got one, never mind they said…..

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I’ve stayed on a few of the CL’s but I’m not a member of either, only been asked once for a membership card and said I haven’t got one, never mind they said…..
That's about the size of it from my experience, we've been told by a member here it's a legal requirement to be a member to stay on a CL, or CS. Until I know what law and who is breaching it I'll take that information with a wheelbarrow full of salt.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
That's about the size of it from my experience, we've been told by a member here it's a legal requirement to be a member to stay on a CL, or CS. Until I know what law and who is breaching it I'll take that information with a wheelbarrow full of salt.
Most CL and CS sites are unlikely to turn custom away , as you suggest . We have never been asked for a number or to show a card but we haven’t stayed at that many CLs .

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The law is the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960

Schedule A
Sites approved by exempted organisations

5(1) Subject to the provisions of paragraph 13 of this Schedule, a site licence shall not be required for the use as a caravan site of land as respects which there is in force a certificate issued under this paragraph by an exempted organisation if not more than five caravans are at the time stationed for the purposes of human habitation on the land to which the certificate relates.

(2) For the purposes of this paragraph an exempted organisation may issue as respects any land a certificate stating that the land has been approved by the exempted organisation for use by its members for the purposes of recreation.

P.S.
The actual prohibition is under Section 1 of said Act. It appears by my reading to apply to the site owner, not the caravan owner.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we have been a member of both for many years, although we use c&cc far more often for DA and THS meets.

If any of you would like to join either, PM me and I will share my membership number so you get a discount (and so do I)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
we have been a member of both for many years, although we use c&cc far more often for DA and THS meets.

If any of you would like to join either, PM me and I will share my membership number so you get a discount (and so do I)
What’s the C&CC discount if you join with a referral ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The law is the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960

Schedule A
Sites approved by exempted organisations

5(1) Subject to the provisions of paragraph 13 of this Schedule, a site licence shall not be required for the use as a caravan site of land as respects which there is in force a certificate issued under this paragraph by an exempted organisation if not more than five caravans are at the time stationed for the purposes of human habitation on the land to which the certificate relates.

(2) For the purposes of this paragraph an exempted organisation may issue as respects any land a certificate stating that the land has been approved by the exempted organisation for use by its members for the purposes of recreation.
correct and the site owner WILL lose the right to use the club's exemption certification if they get caught. The Certification part is where the C for Cl or Cs comes from.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As I understand it, the referred new member got a £10 site voucher. Not sure if that has changed?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
At least 3 additional non-elec pitches on C&MC New England Bay and not one of them (or original ones) occupied for the last 4 nights.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

I like the system I've seen a lot in Germany with actual meters on the bollards. Then someone wanting to recharge their battery doesn't have to subsidise all those 2kW fan heaters in the awnings and you don't need to pay at all if you don't want it.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I like the system I've seen a lot in Germany with actual meters on the bollards. Then someone wanting to recharge their battery doesn't have to subsidise all those 2kW fan heaters in the awnings and you don't need to pay at all if you don't want it.
Probably costs more to install and a simple installation is what is chosen.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
We are in CCC and we use the facility to stay at the camping in the forest sites a lot. We get 15% discount on those sites and enjoy the wild aspect of the ponies and deer being right next to us. We are a hour drive from most of the forest site and love them. The club sites we find don't really suit us.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Recently CAMC have been sending a £10 voucher to both parties.
Yes, that happened to me and my friends recently - I thought ut was a mistake as we both got the same introductory letter :)
At least 3 additional non-elec pitches on C&MC New England Bay and not one of them (or original ones) occupied for the last 4 nights.
Good to know that CMHC are doing more non-electric pitches but it's probably a bit cold for some to go without ehu at the moment!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Good to know that CMHC are doing more non-electric pitches but it's probably a bit cold for some to go without ehu at the moment!
You having a dig!;):giggle:
We're on EHU cause our Truma Combi went on the blink, then fixed itself, then went on the blink and now working again!:rolleyes:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Grass or hardstandings.????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back