C&CC & C&MC Cost Vs. Benefits (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
C&CC for us too, primarily for the Temporary Holiday Sites and various weekend meets all around the country.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I've heard a lot about the CAMC being too regimented, but in what way exactly?

<M>
Must line up the offside of your van with the white marker peg. Maybe that's OK with a caravan, awning & car that needs to fit on a pitch but not really necessary with a MH, which might use a roll out sunshade but very rarely an awning.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Never had anybody being over officious on any site, either CAMC or C&CC.
I stopped my CAMC membership this year as I cannot get booked into the single site that we use in this area ( only travelling locally this year) due to their policy of no deposit.
My CCC membership will renew as they have more sites and CS for us within 90 minutes driving range, down to personal preference on where you want to go and what you prefer from a site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Never understood the regimented comments myself, you have to park in the correct position for fire safety (but can be forwards or backwards) apart from that I have no idea what people are on about.
It just made me laugh when a chap comes down to the pitch with you to tell you EXACTLY how and where to park, it's a bit OCD isn't it 😁 not used to it after Spain where no one could care less 🇪🇸😎

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We've been in both. We are now solely in the C&MC. We prefer their small sites, the CLs, we like their booking format and we use their excellent insurance policies.

The wardens on the club sites, these days are friendly and helpful. I think at one time, there were one or two who were a bit "jobs worth".

Generally they don't come to the pitch with you and tell you EXACTLY where to park. The pitches in the club sites are roomy, and you are further away from others, than in any of the Spanish sites

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We tried both when we started m/hing in 1999 but didn't renew with C&CC as we felt the site facilities were inferior. The C&MC website is easy to use , no deposit taken and unlike C&CC no minimum number of nights. We also saved a lot on the Hull ferry when combined with site vouchers although I think that particular ferry has now ceased. Not a problem with wardens. Other savings available if you look for instance I saved about £10 on the entrance fee to the Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It just made me laugh when a chap comes down to the pitch with you to tell you EXACTLY how and where to park, it's a bit OCD isn't it 😁 not used to it after Spain where no one could care less 🇪🇸😎
So we're not comparing the two clubs, we are comparing UK with Spain?

I was on a C&CC site last night where a warden directed me to my pitch and told me exactly where and how he wanted me to park. Absolutely no problem with that!

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
When we had motorhome we were in both clubs , i really liked cls cs and ths also enjoyed the well kept caravan club sites and amenities(i know its caravan and motorhome club now) i think they are both good value for money :)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Am a member of both but will drop C&CC at renewal time.
Even though their sites are slightly cheaper (and perhaps a little more run down?), their booking system lets them down.
No visual representation of availability. You can book online but not amend or cancel online, you have to phone... and lines seem to be always engaged.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Kev

Can you please link to exactly where this voucher discount system is described. Does one have to be a member to even access the page?

Does one have to actually stay on their sites to get the vouchers?

Thanks, Geoff
Kev 🤔?.

When I went direct with P&O and logged in, the return crossing was £850 with outside cabin.

then I remembered calling CAMC a couple of years before and the operator played around with some vouchers but the price stayed the same. The year after, it brought the price down considerably.

So I logged onto CAMC and the price was £765 with outside cabins.

When I added the vouchers, it came down further as a package. I am sure it was £685

Take the £275 the site at Lago Di Lugano would have cost and the return crossing was quite a bargain.

You have to be a CAMC Member, registered on the site. I’ve just tried it now and it doesn’t work. But if that’s the case, you can call them and they can try.

I will try and find my emails.

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
The sign at the entrance to c&mc site at Fineshade Woods says no visitors allowed on site don't blame us blame Boris which if I'm honest would put me off using the place even if i was a member as thats a political stayement ftom tne warden so you can imagine whst a little bundle of joy he or she would be and it wasn't Boris who introduced Covid he is just doing his best to keep us all safe

Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Kev 🤔?.

When I went direct with P&O and logged in, the return crossing was £850 with outside cabin.

then I remembered calling CAMC a couple of years before and the operator played around with some vouchers but the price stayed the same. The year after, it brought the price down considerably.

So I logged onto CAMC and the price was £765 with outside cabins.

When I added the vouchers, it came down further as a package. I am sure it was £685

Take the £275 the site at Lago Di Lugano would have cost and the return crossing was quite a bargain.

You have to be a CAMC Member, registered on the site. I’ve just tried it now and it doesn’t work. But if that’s the case, you can call them and they can try.

I will try and find my emails.
Here you go

Price was £645 after upgrading to club double bed.

take off £275 The Swiss site would have cost and the return crossing from Hull-Rotterdam comes out at £370 return, in August, including room upgrade.

As I mentioned elsewhere on here (I will try and find that post). Eurotunnel was more expensive and it’s an arse in the world to get to from Manchester, usually 6-8 hours.

90 mins to Hull and wake up on the continent heading for southern Germany .
035EF2DB-CD31-459D-90E5-1E8BDAF420ED.jpeg

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I was told to move closer to a pitch marker on a CAMC site by one of the wardens . I actually thought I did I really good job but apparently this was “ ok for this time but closer next time please 🙄
263D4771-0123-43AF-80DC-707AB2F9675F.jpeg

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The sign at the entrance to c&mc site at Fineshade Woods says no visitors allowed on site don't blame us blame Boris which if I'm honest would put me off using the place even if i was a member as thats a political stayement ftom tne warden so you can imagine whst a little bundle of joy he or she would be and it wasn't Boris who introduced Covid he is just doing his best to keep us all safe
I would have let head office know.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!

I was at Finshades CAMC 2 weeks ago, the warden couldn’t have been more friendly and down to earth.

As far as I know CAMC have a blanket rule on no visitors at the moment to reduce the number of people on site.

Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I'm a newbie!
Initially we recouped the cost of CCC membership by booking tunnel crossings through them, however found it very complicated to change anything compared with booking direct with Eurotunnel.

And for 20/21 bookings we've done everything direct with the tunnel as you can pay a premium for a fully flexible ticket (eg refundable if your child's class bubble sent to self-isolate due to Covid the day before you're due to travel), which, when I looked, wasn't an option through either club.

CMC are very specific about how you pitch up (fire regs apparently) but once we got over that little issue, we've loved their sites.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Both clubs a waste of money for me. Living in Scotland there’s so many park up places and pub stops I don’t feel the need to sign up for anything else, for me I have what I need right here.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
If you intend doing a lot of travelling this year, join both,see what you like/don’t like,then decide which one to stay with.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We are members of both clubs too but haven't stayed on a C & CC site for 7 or 8 years, mainly because the other had sites where we wanted to stay and they didn't. For the sake of £40 odd a year we keep paying and had booked Barnard Castle and another last March with C & CC but had to cancel when the first lockdown came. We use club sites because we know what we are going to get, good clean sites, spacious pitches and good transport often outside the gate.

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
We're members of CAMC, and since we first joined in Dec '19 we have stayed on about 10 of their Club Sites, and six CL's.

We're big fans of CAMC, because it's very easy to book up the Club Sites via their website. Although we haven't needed to, you can amend / cancel books up to a couple of days prior to arrival.

On the website, you can see plans of each site so you can see if the site size and layout appeal before you book. We tend to use the site as a base, so tbh for us it's more about the location than the layout.

On all of our stays we've received a friendly greeting on arrival, and provided with all the info we need for our stay. We use our onboard facilities so apart from the Motorhome Service Point, we don't use any of the site facilities.

The CL's we've stayed on have all been lovely and in excellent locations. It would just be great if the CL's could also be booked online as for the Club Sites, to avoid ringing around and disturbing CL site owners when they're already fully booked.....perhaps one day! 🤞

Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Here you go

Price was £645 after upgrading to club double bed.

take off £275 The Swiss site would have cost and the return crossing from Hull-Rotterdam comes out at £370 return, in August, including room upgrade.

As I mentioned elsewhere on here (I will try and find that post). Eurotunnel was more expensive and it’s an arse in the world to get to from Manchester, usually 6-8 hours.

90 mins to Hull and wake up on the continent heading for southern Germany .View attachment 495545
I would like to point out to those who think we should not have been travelling:

*We were also avoiding France and Spain who's countries were on the quarantine list.
*The evening we travelled, we set out from Hull, The Netherlands are NOT on the quarantine list
*Overnight, the UK Gov put The Netherlands on the list, meaning when we docked, we could not avoid quarantine, even if we could have returned on the same ship.
*It was just the two of us (reminds me of a song...). We stayed in our Ferry Cabins, always works masks, took great care, were self contained, did not use communal showers or swimming pools. Swam in the lakes and sea only. Shopped less than we did at home, ate out very little.
*We did, as we had now had to quarantine. Visit ONE German friend and his son, Swissuland, Italy and France.
*No foreigners, fellow motorhomes or their animals were harmed during the trip.
*AND! We dis isolate on our return for two weeks.

We had a bloody good time too and so glad we made the trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back