By 'eck .... that was a long un. (1 Viewer)

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Perves, you thought it was summat else .... go on ... admit it.

Well we've landed near on 1000kms from our nest in Gemozac 17260 to Strasbourg for the crimble market. Stopped over night in the routier at Beaune "Le Mariten" food spot on, toilets spotless but busy isn't the word for it. 1830h and it was heaving, just managed to squeeze in, but glad we did. Today a Spaniard trucker tried to take us out, no change there then. Nice steady potter up to Strasbourg and never paid a cent in tolls, very good road all the with maybe 20kms of single track, the rest all dual carrage way, very chuffed wi misen. https://www.camping-indigo.com/en/ this is where we are, pitch is muddy, bugger .... BUT ... toilet, showers, washing etc 10/10 very very good and there aint many pitches free. Had problems with a flat engine battery before setting off and used a booster battery to try start her, wasn't man enough so left her on charge for 6 hours then she started ... BUT ... always a bloody but, but, now charges the engine battery but not the leisure battery. Leisure battery charges when on ehu though so I recon I've probably blown a fuse or the power management gizmo .... PLEASE let it be a fuse. Going to rummage through all the fuses I can find tomorrow am, if that doesn't work I have a big lump hammer in the boot.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
smiley-crossing-fingers.png

Hope it's a fuse!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Like Gemozac, just up from my favourite Camping Municipal at Mortagne sur Gironde.

Have a great time at Strasbourg and I hope it is just the fuse!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
@Cleve that very one Clive, we are but 10 minutes up the road from there when we are in residence, next time you're down give us a wink, nod and we'll pop along and allow you to ply us with alcohol :xgrin::xgrin:

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
@jetlag03 Consider it done.

There is more likely hood of hell freezing over than me missing that site next year. Joëlle keeps a great site. I prefer it to the quayside parking down below, it costs a fraction more and and has perfect wifi and facilities.

Hope it is not to cold over at Strasbourg, I was caught on the A16 for over two hours on Monday in the snow, eventually able to get off and doubled back to Cité Europe!

Good luck with the fuses.

OP
OP
filopastry

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
@The Dude @Cleve IT'S A FUSE ...... big 50amp beasty that'll teach me to take more care when connecting jump leads eh.:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hope this means all sorted.

Have a great Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Clive

:xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back