buzzing from the electro block underneath the passenger seat (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have a buzzing from the electro block underneath the passenger seat in my globecar. Intermittent buzzing rising to a screech. When the engine is running. The man in the garage had a look and finds loose wire. He said that i can pay a auto electrician £80call out then £60 an hour to find out why. Can anyone shed a light on why this is happening?
I have recorded this but cannot upload it to this thread as my phone won't let me.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have a buzzing from the electro block underneath the passenger seat in my globecar. Intermittent buzzing rising to a screech. When the engine is running. The man in the garage had a look and finds loose wire. He said that i can pay a auto electrician £80call out then £60 an hour to find out why. Can anyone shed a light on why this is happening?
I have recorded this but cannot upload it to this thread as my phone won't let me.

Upload to YouTube then link it to here.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've uploaded it to utube but how can i link it to here?
Just found it.

The electroblock is vibrating when the noise is happening

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I don't think this is something you can tackle yourself. Unless it's caused by a bad connection in the wiring block connector.

The relay (if it is a ralay) could be buzzing (switching on and off very quickly) for any number of reasons.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
quite a common fault and the relays soldered to the pcb need replacing as the internal contacts are scorched. there are a couple of firms can repair these on a couple of days post turn around. apuljack or aandn spring to mind

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yep relay buzxi g probably a fault on the circuit driving it.
Talk to Applejack engineerinh or A&N Caravans, not sure if A&N still repair EBL's since Alan passed away, but they may have an exchange unit.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'm in Devon, can you suggest somewhere nearer me I've googled the names you suggested and all are up north. Just found that apujak are in Somerset. I'll contact them Tuesday. Thanks guys, you've come up trumps again!

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm in Devon, can you suggest somewhere nearer me I've googled the names you suggested and all are up north. Just found that apujak are in Somerset. I'll contact them Tuesday. Thanks guys, you've come up trumps again!
Yes they will sort you out they have standard fee for repair.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back