Buzzer on retracting side entrance step . (1 Viewer)

cornwallgeoff

Free Member
Jul 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524SL
I have a 2008 right hand drive Hymer B524 SL. Drivers side front door and also right hand side habitation door. The buzzer that sounds when engine is started and habitation door step is out, has ceased buzzing. Have checked step switch, tumble switch by habitation door and retraction button to the right of the dashboard. Also found the polarity/voltage control unit for the step motor (back in the boiler cupboard!!). Tried tracing wires where possible, but so far cannot locate the actual buzzer unit. Looked under drivers seat, by the internal switches and along wiring routes where I can see them.. PLEASE, does anybody have a similar model Hymer and have any idea where the buzzer is. Have not used since first lockdown, and can’t remember where the sound used to come from…

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
On my Hymer (2006) the step buzzer is in the control panel. The black plastic circular bit is the internal temperature sensor, not the buzzer. I had to remove the panel (4 small screws) to check it, but it was OK. The problem turned out to be the limit switch that cuts off when the step is fully retracted.

There is a particular sound frequency with a wavelength that coincides with the average head size, and we find it impossible to locate where the sound is coming from. I think the buzzer is just about at that frequency. :(

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back