BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Chap on site here has been working in Belfast recently.
He tells me you can buy cars and Motorhomes there - new not used - at hugely discounted prices compared to the uk due to tax reasons. (Used vehicles are dearer than UK for similar reasons!)
Had a quick look on google but there don't seem to many NI motorhome dealers over there - and from what I can see there isn't really a price difference - if anything - slightly dearer?
He said the only downside is it would have a NI plate on rather than a uk date plate - which can be changed to a private plate anyway.

Anyone heard of this - or have any experience of it???

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
As Northern Ireland is part of the UK, it does not matter if you buy in Belfast or London. Same tax systems. Living here, let me assure you vehicles are just as cheap or dear as the rest of the UK. Not to say that some dealers may have bargains but then all dealerships do bargains from time to time. Hope this makes sense.

Different tax system and Euro is Southern Ireland.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I bought a Merc sprinter chassis cab new in Northern Ireland about 18 years ago. It was a lot cheaper than the UK dealers. I had the pick up body built on it in the UK. Maybe its changed since then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Great if your buying new, however, you have to ask yourself why the majority of UK insurance firms refuse to cover NI registered vehicles.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back