BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
We recently bought a van in France, had been looking at Germany but found the one we wanted at the price we wanted in France, and we were very well looked after.
The dealer we used is also a Hymer dealer, maybe worth a punt, I do highly recommend them. Just a thought! The only downside is that they dont speak English, but wasn’t a problem, google translate is your friend!
I have the direct email for the boss if you’re interested, he knows me well, as I stayed on his premises for over 2 weeks!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We bought our Carthargo which is lhd at the Dusseldorf show , we found most of the motorhomes on display there had different nationalities / dealers selling on their stands ...

The UK dealer on the Carthago stand also took in part exchange our Frankia , on the handover they then collected it from Germany to return it to the U.K.

Kath

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I am looking out for a particular layout, which I have seen In "A"class form on the Rapido range circa 2008-10?ish. (999M) on the Mercedes base with Auto gear box. The layout lends itself best to the fact that SWMBO has Mobility Issues, is in fact similar to the 7099F we have currently but has a flatter floor. They are like "hens teeth" here, missed one last year, as I did not have my financing in place. Johns Cross had a Manual. Any suggestions as to where I should start to look in Europe?. LHD, is not an issue having driven R-V`s for many years.

P.s. If anyone knows of a layout similar by another manufacturer which is worth looking at?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
I am looking out for a particular layout, which I have seen In "A"class form on the Rapido range circa 2008-10?ish. (999M) on the Mercedes base with Auto gear box. The layout lends itself best to the fact that SWMBO has Mobility Issues, is in fact similar to the 7099F we have currently but has a flatter floor. They are like "hens teeth" here, missed one last year, as I did not have my financing in place. Johns Cross had a Manual. Any suggestions as to where I should start to look in Europe?. LHD, is not an issue having driven R-V`s for many years.

P.s. If anyone knows of a layout similar by another manufacturer which is worth looking at?.
That’s the French bed model isn’t it?
David Fuller had the twin single one/end bathroom one in 2 weeks ago, when we there with friends:)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
That’s the French bed model isn’t it?
David Fuller had the twin single one/end bathroom one in 2 weeks ago, when we there with friends:)

Yes we looked at it, and was impressed, (y)Just Before Xmas. It`s VERY nice, But We dont really want singles (yet). And SWMBO` loses her "dressing" area!. (apparently very important?).:)

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
Yes we looked at it, and was impressed, (y)Just Before Xmas. It`s VERY nice, But We dont really want singles (yet). And SWMBO` loses her "dressing" area!. (apparently very important?).:)
Yes I know what you mean about the dressing area, but my SWMBO liked the large area between the beds, pulling the sliding door across, so giving her loads of space to get ready.....
Nice van though like you say, but our friends who are looking didn’t like the A class look.
There are 4 999m for sale on Mobil de, but it looks like James T Kirk has owned them ;)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yes I know what you mean about the dressing area, but my SWMBO liked the large area between the beds, pulling the sliding door across, so giving her loads of space to get ready.....
Nice van though like you say, but our friends who are looking didn’t like the A class look.
There are 4 999m for sale on Mobil de, but it looks like James T Kirk has owned them ;)

Yes, We have the "beam me up Scotty" shower in the 7099, although the later ones went to a more squared off format, with bifold doors. I note all the ones on Mobile de are manual Gearboxes. I have got to the stage where I really want an auto again, My R-V`s where. And dont trust the Fiat device. Hence wanting the Merc; I am used to "A" class as my R-V`s where all "A". You seem to get more Space up front?.

Last edited:

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
I like what u mean about the shower,,, but I was referring to the “starship mileage:);)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have the direct email for the boss if you’re interested, he knows me well as we stayed on his premises for over 2 weeks!!!

I do believe the local police know you as well :sneaky:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I like what u mean about the shower,,, but I was referring to the “starship mileage:);)
Depends what you call starship mileage, 16000 km a year would fairly average for an A class van. Better buy than a low milage van that has been sitting around unused most of its life.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Depends what you call starship mileage, 16000 km a year would fairly average for an A class van. Better buy than a low milage van that has been sitting around unused most of its life.

I would only be wary of "high" mileage if there was no real Service History. It is a fact that low mileage vehicles can deteriorate through lack of usage. I have taken to taking mine out for local runs, often to a local Beach to run the dog. Just helps keep it "ticking over" during our enforced stay in the UK these days. It the past we had medical cover and could go to the Med; for weeks on end in the winter, touring more than just sitting on a campsite..

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
@laird of Dunstan bought a Rapido in Belgium at a very good price.
Hymers tend to be easier to get a good saving on as they have been so hyped up in the UK. Where you really score is if you have a LHD to trade, trade in prices are so much better, we got more than we could have got selling privately in the UK.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
I agree Lenny, but some people are put off by the higher mileage ones, and there are quite a few on Mobile de. “Ze Germans” do like to travel around Europe you know” ;)
I myself am in the “if it’s been well looked after camp” the miles aren’t a problem. :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I agree Lenny, but some people are put off by the higher mileage ones, and there are quite a few on Mobile de. “Ze Germans” do like to travel around Europe you know” ;)
I myself am in the “if it’s been well looked after camp” the miles aren’t a problem. :)
I've seen some bad examples of low mileage ones, where they have been taken down to spain for the winter and just sat on a site for 2 or 3 months. Hab door left open in the sun all yellow & discoloured, inside of the van well used and tatty and people think its a barging because its low mileage.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
Nice Burstner on eBay
Item 323049761525

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We bought our Carthargo which is lhd at the Dusseldorf show , we found most of the motorhomes on display there had different nationalities / dealers selling on their stands ...

The UK dealer on the Carthago stand also took in part exchange our Frankia , on the handover they then collected it from Germany to return it to the U.K.

Kath

Another reason why it's a good idea to contact German/Belgian dealers in advance. If you go to Dussledorf, Travelworld will definitely be there. I don't know about the other shows. If you haven't got a contact, or don't know which Continental dealer you wish to speak to, the Hymer reception desk at Dusseldorf will probably put you onto the Travelworld Rep.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back