Buying first campervan/motorhome-help (1 Viewer)

Anita

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
Hi my name is Anita and I am looking to buy a campervan/motorhome for the first time- want to spend about £12,000 and have been told to keep away from Talbot engines!
Would like any advice/help with what to buy or what to avoid- any pit falls
Thanks

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome
once you find one you like the layout on if you post make and model on here im sure someone will be able to give pros and cons.

from what i remember it was the gearboxes that had a bit of a problem in talbots, but no doubt over the time that talbot engines were a popular choice in motorhome base vehicle the problem was 'ironed out' so to speak

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Anita and wlecome to motorhome fun.

You need to narrow your question a little. Have a look around and try to identify the mh that you fancy. Then start to ask questions about that mh. You will get a lot of response because there is such a wealth of knowledge here.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mythor

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
one year and six months
welcome

Hi Anita
I have a swift kontiki and it is a talbot 1991. What I would say is its the spares that are the problem , as she is old but coming on here I have loads of advise from members here they are all great, got places where I could get spares. The speedo cable was one e.g. I had to have one made from a firm , and it was cheaper probably then getting it from normal sources , so dont rule out talbot if the right MH comes up. In you price range.
Ann:thumb:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Welcome to MH Fun Anita

As others have said narrow the field down a bit and help will be here.

Hope your search goes well your van is out there it is just a case of finding it.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back