Buying e-bike from Germany (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Read in The Telegraph this morning that the government are looking at subsidies to encourage the use of e.bikes,,,Think investment in safe cycle tracks would be money better spent,,BUSBY,,

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
all this talk of buying german bikes, nobody mentioned is it legal to ride a left hand drive bike on uk roads

Good point.....
We bought our eBikes from two different outlets in Germany....the first advertised both in stock...after ordering and paying via PayPal they advised us that one is out of stock..... numerous delays followed...until we cancelled.....getting money back was an effort but assisted by PayPal making a claim against them.
Reordered second bike from other outlet still in Germany....got an early fault which they refused to repair on guarantee...not covered....so the bottom line is....buy local...with a dealer you can trust and having the backup of consumer rights.

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Haibike, We have Cube brilliant, had Kalkoffs had nothing but trouble 3 new motors 50 cycles oh bring it back or put it on transport, yes you probably guessed at your own cost 700 mile round trip for us. Buy local!!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Just bought my last bike from the UK, picked it up last week. Almost 40% cheaper now with the super weak £, just wondered if i should have waited a bit longer as it's only going to weaken further...

Trade in to scrap scheme, big discount to sell off 2018 models and crazy FOREX made it all a bargain, thanks BREXIT:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
And as a reverse i asked the shop the swap the brakes back to their original manufacturers spec of R = rear and L = front, pretty sure most shops would do this especially on a €2k purchase or their abouts. On many reasonable spec Shimano brake sets they have joints on the cables just around the handlebars, both joints are in the same place and you can disconnect them without fear of loosing any oil, assuming you don't start applying the breaks.... you just unscrew and swap them over, takes 5mins.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
If you are happy with higher priced e-bikes I suggest you take a look at GoCycle. British, very light and great to ride. My wife and I took a test ride and were so impressed we bought one each. Can also get a travel case which they fold down into, which makes transporting them safely in motorhome or car very easy. I can get 2 into a VW Up.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Any ideas about Volt bikes? UK company (I think) but all still made in China or somewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back