Buying at a show using a credit card (1 Viewer)

welshgary

Free Member
Sep 28, 2013
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem & what action they had to take. We were at the show at Malvern on the last day when we decided to buy an ex-demo awning & some crockery from Towsure. My missus produced a credit card to pay the £195 , but they said that they were having connection problems with the card reader. They took down card details & said they would phone the office & a receipt would be put in post to home address. When the receipt arrived on the Wednesday,it was for£374.99. On inspection there was an item for £179.99 for a Cadac Barbeque which we had not had. We contacted the number on the receipt for Towsure & they said they would refund the money. After a few days, there was no credit on the account, so they were phoned again we were told to ring Customer Services on the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday. At this point they said they had no knowledge of the previous phone complaint, but would deal with it. Still no response & now told they can't deal with this as people are at another show & not back until next Wednesday, by which time I'm sure they won't remember a sale at a previous show. I am thoroughly disgusted with the attitude of this company, but where do we go from here. At this point we are £179.99 down & it looks like someone has had a free barbeque. Has anyone any suggestions how we stand legally, is it their job to prove we had a barbeque, or ours to try to prove we didn't receive it. Any help gratefully received.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
If it was me I would at least give them a few day and a chance to sort out as they are a good company norm IMHO , if no joy after a few days then report it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
the
If it was me I would at least give them a few day and a chance to sort out as they are a good company norm IMHO , if no joy after a few days then report it.

It has been several days, time to start thowing the hand grenades. Ring the Credit Card company also as already said, speak to their fraud department. You are being given the run around. If that had been me, I would have required imediate action and compensation for the inconvenience.

OP
OP
W

welshgary

Free Member
Sep 28, 2013
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all for your responses. I cannot believe the way they have given us the run around, especially for such a well known company. The guy from so called 'Customer Services', was so so rude, if he was in front of me I could have punched him, although I realise that is not the answer. I asked why they had not issued a hand written receipt, he agreed they should have, but said we should have insisted. I could not believe his arrogance. Anyway, hopefully a lesson has been learned, if they don't give a computer receipt at the time, get a hand written one. Once again, thanks to you all.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My 'Boss' ALWAYS does the following when phoning for reasons similar. Ask and record name of person at the company. Explain, (once you have their name), that the conversation is being recorded for your protection. Record times, dates, numbers phoned. Start a log of the whole occurrence. If you have to proceed legally, then you aren't scratching your head trying to remember stuff. (y)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It sounds like an honest mistake but they don't have the staff to deal with it in a timely manner. Unfortunately most companies these days have so much competition from the internet etc, that they cant afford enough staff to run a perfect system all the time. Its alright people chasing the lowest price possible but it ends somewhere and cuts have to be made to compete.

On the other hand, we were able to use our card machine at Malvern so haven't had any issues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back