BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
has anyone done this and can reccomend any dealers?
Will be travelling through the country in a couple of weeks, gotta be cheaper than uk?

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
has anyone done this and can reccomend any dealers?
Will be travelling through the country in a couple of weeks, gotta be cheaper than uk?
Have you looked at pro rider e-bikes. I bought for my wife , excellent price and good quality.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Have you looked at pro rider e-bikes. I bought for my wife , excellent price and good quality.
Have looked at just about everywhere!!!
Discounted them after a pal had a bad experience.
Uk wise it's ebikes direct and freego, but the German brands do seem better.
Fancy crank motor, but only up to £2k each. Rather pay for something that will last, will be our only transport.

So, will have a look in Germany since we're there before back to uk !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, I bought my wife a very lovely Velo-de-Ville in a shop based in Konstanz right by the railway station. At the time the £/euro was 1.4 so saved a lot on the exchange rate but the bike was way cheaper in any event, in fact the combination saved not far off £2k.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
No, unless it's speed indication or connectors.

The brakes levers are reversed. In the UK front is on the right, back on the left. Each German bike I have purchased has been the other way around. A bit disconcerting the first time you find out, but easy to swap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I'll answer my own question now!
Yes yes yes (y)
Forget rip off Britain :p

Just bought 2 in a shop at Bad Worishofen ( http://www.fahrbar-bikes.de/ ) down Bavaria way, about 50k west of Munich.
Trubenbacher bikes. Excellent service, good English,( the boss is called Jossy) we tried out loads of bikes, and ended up with couple of Sinus Tria 10's fitted with Bosch's performance engine, and all sorts of other top spec stuff. Also got all the luggage we needed and a dog carrier, all German kit and all good quality. To top it off, he took €900 off the RRP and with all the kit, these weighed in at £1900 each :)
Even with the current exchange rate, I put these ( with that motor) in the close to 3 grand price range in the uk! Result;)

IMG_1138.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back