Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Hi all
we use to have an Arto 69L for many years and loved it then 3 years ago we bought a new Carthago Chic i5 but now it’s time to return to our much loved Niesmann.
we are going to ordering a new van soon but we won’t get it till next year and there’s no all most new stock, just a few questions please.
The width in the book says 2,320 does anyone know the exact width of the rear end does the width include the mirrors?

We have been told we have to order it with the “led front and fog lights, including curved lights“ at 1580 euros, that basically means all the front end is led. The catalog says “led day time running”, that to me means that you get the little run of leds down the sides of the lights but the normal lights would be halogen? This would be fine our current van has the full led lights and for 1580 euros there not worth it,it’s not even like we drive at night a great deal.

We are thinking of having the Truma heating this time, we’ve got Alde at the moment and yes it’s good but takes a long time to warm up, is gas hungry and it’s always in my mind that having had to try and fix some faults with odd things over the years if the heating ever leaked it would be a nightmare to fix, hot air will never cause that problem.
Has anyone got the new Truma system and what do you think?

Thanks in advance

Michele

Free Member
Jul 16, 2017
Italia
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 77 E
Exp
Ecco i miei fari a Led

49896997_10217895433006357_9151494977472167936_n.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The width will at the wheel arches, we didn’t bother with LED headlights on our order, we got the daytime running lights as standard but not a Niesmann of course, like you I don’t drive much in the dark so though what’s the point.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I still cat get my head around the fact that although its now 2021, even new deliveries in 2022 of these high end vans come with massive in some cases front protruding coachlike rear view mirrors, that if damaged would cost an arm & a leg to replace.:oops:
Unless manufacturers are confined to outdated legislation, Why do they not delete these mirrors and fit multi view cameras, with individual monitors for Left & Right, plus rear view & Infra Red vision, of course?
I think Martin funflair will answer this, as I think even though he has the massive coach mirrors that I am describing, he still opted to have a 360 degree cameras system fitted as an aftermarket add on, and at a high cost.
It would also in some cases make them much slimmer also.
LES

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I still cat get my head around the fact that although its now 2021, even new deliveries in 2022 of these high end vans come with massive in some cases front protruding coachlike rear view mirrors, that if damaged would cost an arm & a leg to replace.:oops:
Unless manufacturers are confined to outdated legislation, Why do they not delete these mirrors and fit multi view cameras, with individual monitors for Left & Right, plus rear view & Infra Red vision, of course?
I think Martin funflair will answer this, as I think even though he has the massive coach mirrors that I am describing, he still opted to have a 360 degree cameras system fitted as an aftermarket add on, and at a high cost.
LES
Cameras to replace side mirrors on a truck require homologation and just now coming. The Mercedes Actros has them so Morelo offer them on their Grand Empire. I think the number €10k option rings a bell or might be more. A marmite option. I don't like marmite.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
LES
Hi Les

Yes the bus mirrors are a bit of a marmite thing in themselves I can love or hate in the same journey, you do have to be vigilant in tight spaces ;) and yes I don't imagine they are cheap if you knock one off.

As Michaels says the camera systems have to be homologated and I believe this has to be to the base chassis ie the Mercedes Actros and then finding its way onto the MORELO Grand Empire, but saying that the first ones I saw were actually on a Le Voyageur that would be on the IVECO daily chassis, I am so not sure who did the homologation for that as I have not seen anybody else offering it as an option.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back