Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We bought from a German dealer in 2007.

If buying private in Germany do you just go to the post office to get the necessary documents, what do we require?

Paul&Caroline.

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

When i bought privately in Holland you go to a dealer (i think it was) the seller took me, who arranged all the transfer and export paperwork, for a fee. Easy til you get it back and have dvla to deal with! ;)

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We bought private in Germany in 2006. Seller took us to town hall, but first stop was place to make up number plates where we were allocated a registration number on an export plate. We went with this to an office where papers were filled in and then we had to take vehicle to a TUV station to confirm that the documents related to the vehicle being sold. The TUV office endorsed the paperwork, then back to the town hall office where the owner signed the vehicle over. We were then given a paper authorising the export plate which also gave us insurance we opted for 30 days. Once plate issued all we had to do was pay. All of this took a morning

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Wow, much easier in the Netherlands. Useful to know i guess, since im looking to buy myself. (Not 'buy myself' i cant afford me!) looking for a hymer s550 automatic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back