buying a van ,a cautionary tale (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I would suggest opening the matter with an invitation to the dealer as to how they propose settling the matter bearing in mind that their wilful neglect to make a material disclosure resulted in costs, loss of use, inconvenience, storage, devaluation of the vehicle and other non monetary losses. It is for them to offer, they were at fault in this scenario, and your mate needs to decide whether that is acceptable to him

I would also suggest your mate looks at his household and other insurances to see if he has legal insurance cover that covers consumer disputes. , just in case

Last edited:
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
In my experience, this is likely to result in a Mexican standoff, that may end in court.

Prepare for the worst case (court) and hope for the best case (settlement). If necessary, 4 months after purchase, it may be possible to rescind the contract. Better to find out what is being offered before going legal

Remember, the court is supposed to be the last resort in any dispute, and they don't like it when litigants come before them who haven't tried to resolve their differences reasonably

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back