BUYING A TABBERT 570 - ADVICE PLEASE (1 Viewer)

devondipper

Free Member
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Tabbert 570
Exp
HI All,
New to this, so hello to everyone!
I'm about to buy a Tabbert 570 an would like some general advice on what to look out for. I am mechanically minded but keen to know if there is anything specific that people feel is worth checking with these MH's particularly.
Thanks in advance...
Andy

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Check the floor at the rear in line with the rear wheels from underneath. Check for damp down the A posts. They are really well built vans but as with any vehicle of that age it is well worth taking a hard look at the underpinnings - check for corrosion around the front jacking points and rear spring hangers in particular.

OP
OP
D

devondipper

Free Member
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Tabbert 570
Exp
Check the floor at the rear in line with the rear wheels from underneath. Check for damp down the A posts. They are really well built vans but as with any vehicle of that age it is well worth taking a hard look at the underpinnings - check for corrosion around the front jacking points and rear spring hangers in particular.

HI Tony, thanks for the quick response. Really helpful- thanks. Its had some issues with damp over the A posts at some point, as there are not two stainless plates above them; I assume to stop off a damp problem. What does happen when damp gets in there - anything fundamental. or is it sorted once sorted? Will be underneath it with a torch and poker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A clown had installed an awning rail on mine using pop rivets. Then hung a Fiamma wind out from it pulling the rivets out leaving little pockets to catch water. The A posts are reinforced with thick plywood which obviously rots when wet. The rest took no harm because the PU / polystyrene foam doesn't absorb water. Check the drop down bed pivot plate is tight - if the plywood is soft it'll be slack.

Regards

Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back