buying a new motorhome... (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi "I know this has done before but new people join our site every day and if they thinking off buying new motorhome :Cool: its best we give them the benifit off well earned expericence":RollEyes: anyway just a section for newbies to motorhoming buying a new motorhome from a dealer things to bear in mind before signing on the line with the pre delivery inspection PDI

you arived dewy eyed at the dealer all you want to do is get your new pride and joy home.::bigsmile: BUT stop!!!

check every thing!! [I dont know if theres one on this site if not why not jim!! there a motorhome check list AVAILABLE] ANYWAY go through it !!make sure you try the water system they have been known to leak :Doh: get the dealer to show you the controls and what there for[ a good dealer will do this] :thumb: and without rushing you dont be fobbed off because a mecanic is not available remember you are parting with a lot off money so dont take things has face value check and check again better to find a issue at the dealer than at home:Doh:

I am sure other will add other expericences off buying new :thumb:

one other thing ENJOY:Smile: and dont learn the hard way

RAY

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
hi "I know this has done before but new people join our site every day and if they thinking off buying new motorhome :Cool: its best we give them the benifit off well earned expericence":RollEyes: anyway just a section for newbies to motorhoming buying a new motorhome from a dealer things to bear in mind before signing on the line with the pre delivery inspection PDI

you arived dewy eyed at the dealer all you want to do is get your new pride and joy home.::bigsmile: BUT stop!!!

check every thing!! [I dont know if theres one on this site if not why not jim!! there a motorhome check list AVAILABLE] ANYWAY go through it !!make sure you try the water system they have been known to leak :Doh: get the dealer to show you the controls and what there for[ a good dealer will do this] :thumb: and without rushing you dont be fobbed off because a mecanic is not available remember you are parting with a lot off money so dont take things has face value check and check again better to find a issue at the dealer than at home:Doh:

I am sure other will add other expericences off buying new :thumb:

one other thing ENJOY:Smile: and dont learn the hard way

RAY

Don't forget though, with the power of the internet we all have the power to "Name and Shame"
I only say this because I have seen the power of internet forums / discussions to resolve issues. :thumb:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Before my RV the times I didn't get the bed size right (thought I could cope with shorter one and sofa I can lie on in the evening comfortably) glamorised by the wrong things:RollEyes:

I am 6'5'' so made a few mistakes with length issues (and lost a few quid changing unnecessarily) :Doh::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

Best thing to do as well after you have driven your pride and joy away, is to stay local for a couple of nights trying everything out, then you can easily go back and have any niggles sorted, especially if you are some miles away from the dealership.

A good dealer should know the local campsites for you to stay at and should be happy for you to come back with any queries.

Selling a MH should be an ongoing relationship and not just end once you drive away.

Even with the best will in the world, faults can happen.

Regards

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Hi,

Best thing to do as well after you have driven your pride and joy away, is to stay local for a couple of nights trying everything out, then you can easily go back and have any niggles sorted, especially if you are some miles away from the dealership.

A good dealer should know the local campsites for you to stay at and should be happy for you to come back with any queries.

Selling a MH should be an ongoing relationship and not just end once you drive away.

Even with the best will in the world, faults can happen.

Regards

hi good points great to have dealer input on here well said:thumb:

ray:shout:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi this may also be obvious but get all thingsin writingthat is everything they promise. remember nothing can be said that cannot be writen.May be record what is said on a mobile?Too many storys of what is promised but not delivered on
terry:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back