LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well we shopped for one. Didn't really find anything that I thought was better than our Rapido. There's been a drive to go for weight reduction which in my mind has gone on to use sub standard bits of equipment and horrible MDF type products instead of real wood.

We went in Vans that had cupboards so high Nikki couldn't reach in, cookers that needed a periscope to see if anything was cooked and payloads so bad that I would have to sacrifice one of my dogs to be allowed to go anywhere.

However, we found a van, not an upgrade on the Rapido but more of a side and slightly sideways step. and with a budget of 80k came in at just the right price.

So the Bavaria 740 it was going to be and the negotiations started. I got a fair price on my van thanks to it being a Merc a 3-0L auto and in good nick. And I got a few bits and pieces added on, heavier chassis wanted another auto etc etc.

Then came the crunch.... I could have it in May next year.... MAY bloody MAY... so what do I do with my van then?

Well here's your options,, we can take it off you now and sell it and give you the full PX we are offering.
so you want to leave me without a van between now and May? yep..

or

You can sell it privately between now and May and we will knock 5% off the price of the Motorhome you buy..

Or.
You keep it we do the deal and when you come to buy in May we knock off a shed load of money because your van is now valued at less?

What a joke buying a new van is? Is it really this way? Well in the end we bought a new Matresses with a 1000 springs for about £550 new carpets and I'm having a van restoration job done on my paintwork, Hab air con fitted and an Underslung gas tank and keeping the Rapido.

Then to top it off, I get home look on the dealers website and he has the exact model I wanted with 2k on the clock and 15k cheaper than the new one... Why "o" why did he not just sell me that one?

his loss not mine.....

keep them rolling and if anyone happens to come across a Le Voyageur on a Merc, with Island bed and bench seat layout, let me know.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
That's quite strange how the dealer took that stance, when we ordered our Rapido last year (Oct 2016) we negotitated to keep our van till the new one was built which not till April 2017. Already agreed the p/x price and that stuck till that date came. We even went to Spain/Portugal that Xmas as trip already planned and that put another 3k on the clock, i think you did the right move by not going for it. I wouldnt of agreed it either, dont see how they can expect you to be without a van and then only knock of 5% if you sell it privately. I would of expected the p/x value to be the same when the time comes as it was agreed today. Not your problem they cannot get it to you for another 6 months. They must have a lot of customers by the sounds of it as they clearly can dictate what they want.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
More signs that this is still a seller's market going forward into 2018.

We ordered a new Rapido at the NEC in 2016, estimated delivery in May or June 2017. Despite Westfalia being part of the Rapido Group, their UK dealer said they would not take ours in part exchange, the excuse being it was LHD. Incredible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
That's quite strange how the dealer took that stance, when we ordered our Rapido last year (Oct 2016) we negotitated to keep our van till the new one was built which not till April 2017. Already agreed the p/x price and that stuck till that date came. We even went to Spain/Portugal that Xmas as trip already planned and that put another 3k on the clock, i think you did the right move by not going for it. I wouldnt of agreed it either, dont see how they can expect you to be without a van and then only knock of 5% if you sell it privately. I would of expected the p/x value to be the same when the time comes as it was agreed today. Not your problem they cannot get it to you for another 6 months. They must have a lot of customers by the sounds of it as they clearly can dictate what they want.

Totally this.. We did this with Dethleffs.. They gave us a price and said it remained that same price until you picked up a new van, which was June next year. We were quite happy with that because we had booked another couple of trips to France in our Comanche... Not sure how they didn't offer this to you too..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That's quite strange how the dealer took that stance, when we ordered our Rapido last year (Oct 2016) we negotitated to keep our van till the new one was built which not till April 2017. Already agreed the p/x price and that stuck till that date came.

Geoff Cox gave us the same deal. (y)

Reactions: zac

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If funflair sells his would that interest you?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
If funflair sells his would that interest you?
not really Sue, I wanted to go newer than I have TBH and not really a lover of the N&B although they are a nice quality van that hasn't gone the same way as Cathago and Hymer with mass production models being made on the name.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We have been looking for 5 years so it could be a long time yet(y)

Martin
It takes time though Martin to find the sauna and jacuzzi layout that you are looking for;):)
Brian & Jo

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
We ordered a new Auto-Sleepers Broadway at the NEC show in October 2016 for delivery in April this year. We were allowed to keep our old van and the dealer was happy to honour the price, provided abviously that it didn’t get damaged in the meantime. Surprised you weren’t offered the same.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Totally this.. We did this with Dethleffs.. They gave us a price and said it remained that same price until you picked up a new van, which was June next year. We were quite happy with that because we had booked another couple of trips to France in our Comanche... Not sure how they didn't offer this to you too..
Have you bought another van?!! Do tell!!:D

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
At the show this year I came to the conclusion that it’s very much a sellers market in 2017/18 so have decided to stick to my Rapido for another year and hope for better times . Order books are pretty full so manufacturers are reluctant to discount.
Ah well there always next year .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back