Buying a New M/H from JC Leisure [John Cross Conversions ltd] ? Q's Ken TN26 2BU (1 Viewer)

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
An OLD Funster - 'Returnee' after caravaning for 2 yrs. did not work out ....Silly us !!

Help with these Q,s please..

1] Any body had any dealings with these Sellers [ Understand they were part of the John Cross 'empire']
Well known on this site] but now sold out/separate ???
We are in the process of buying a new Auto-Trail " Tribute" .....we are not able to get down to them from up here...Yorkshire chap !
2] Despite Company searches etc. How did you PAY in FULL/TRUST 'before delivery' ....If you could not visit 1st ??

ANY HELP / ADVICE MOST WELCOME.....& A BIG 'YORKSHIRE' THANK YOU (y)

Motorhome Man

Free Member
Mar 2, 2016
Upper Halling, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, we have visited JC Leisure as they are close to us, we looked at a few secondhand motorhomes, we didn't buy from them as they were not interested in part exxing against our old one as they said the mileage was too high for them. Must admit though, staff were friendly and informative and never pushy. In the end I bought another motorhome privately and sold my old one through ebay. Think they are a reputable company but obviously after sales service is also important.
Best of luck, and enjoy.
Regards Luke

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Why would you pay up front ???

Considering that it's a cash sale.
Pay a deposit.. I paid £2k on one that had a retail of £53k..
Put the funds in your bank on the day / day before and then use Debit card AFTER you have checked the van and happy to accept it....
You may have to go through a security check on the phone but not always..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
When I bought my van I paid about £400 deposit and the rest on pickup. I would offer £500 at most for deposit with the full understanding that if it is not as advertised you get your money back.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
If you agree and pay a deposit over the telephone you are fully protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.(Which incorporated the Distance Selling Act) and came into force last October. You drive down from yorkshire and if you are not happy with the van you are entitled to have your deposit back. Do not make the mistake of signing anything on arrival at the site then checking the vehicle. As soon as you sign an agreement on site you have agreed to a contract. Have a read through the Act and there are lots of articles on the Web outlining your protection.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Could you not find a Tribute dealer closer to home
Can't imagine you're going to want to travel to the south every year for service or warranty work

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Just a reminder, you have no credit card protection if the full price of the item your buying is over £30,000, regardless of how much the deposit is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back