• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Buying a motorhome (1 Viewer)

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Dicksons in Perth have an 09 year van in stock, nice motorhome. Pricey at £36,000.

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
Nice layout. I have an issue with over-reseaching when I see a layout I like, and they do have enough issues to put me off sadly. 20 odd years caravanning later and you do realise that keeping the water out is the most important build feature to look for. Hymer and Dethleffs and Rapido and Burstner are top, everything built in the UK needs a comprehensive service history with documented Habitation inspections. A one year warranty is not enough when you are spending upwards of £30,000.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

guzzi

Free Member
Aug 31, 2016
motherwell
Funster No
MH
Dont own yet
Exp
since 97
Thanks.the one we r looking at got a hab check this year.going to view in a week.might b more available after nec show?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Buying at the nec might be for next April delivery.

OP
OP
G

guzzi

Free Member
Aug 31, 2016
motherwell
Funster No
MH
Dont own yet
Exp
since 97
I see motorhomedepo in chorley have one for £32500.two and a half over our budget?

(n)

OP
OP
G

guzzi

Free Member
Aug 31, 2016
motherwell
Funster No
MH
Dont own yet
Exp
since 97
I see marqis have one for sale for £31900.whit no trade in what would b a discount without being cheeky?.also they r giving a full three year warranty.
Any advice would b great thanks.

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
We have agreed on a nearly new van. Our arriving at that decision we have made some enquiries on motorhomes that we both liked. This could be construed as tyre kicking with some local and distant dealerships but I think you have to get a feel for things before you commit your hard earned money. The general dealer consensus is that on a £30,000 motorhome most would discount by £1000. Sincere interest would involve a test drive which I would expect to secure some further discount. Certain marques sell themselves and merely need to be advertised.

One thing I have learned is that motorhome pricing appears to be very loose. When you buy a used car you have a more obvious pricing structure to assist (Glass or Parkers Guide) I don't mean to be personal but the selling price and what some motorhomes can eventually sell for can be quite a shock. An example being a recent Hymer viewed on this Forum which was originally offered privately in June at £28,500, some 2 months later was advertised on here at £34,500 ono and which has subsequently become available at a dealership at a bargain £39,000. Hymers may be good but I just feel that some local dealers are profiteering on what is currently a very buoyant home market.

Would I buy privately from someone on this forum, yes absolutely. You get a feel from reading the posts on this forum that there are a great bunch of like minded folks on here who are quite simply genuine enthusiasts. Equally some thought they would like the lifestyle and find out the hard way that motorhomes dont drive/park themselves. If you have tugged a 20 odd foot Swift Challenger caravan with a Volvo estate it seems like downsizing, the flip side being that when you explore you take your home rather than the towcar with you.

Don't rush it.

OP
OP
G

guzzi

Free Member
Aug 31, 2016
motherwell
Funster No
MH
Dont own yet
Exp
since 97
Yes your wright.its hard to find two motorhomes the same model.but we have found two.same model same year.chausso wellcome 97.motorhome depot chorley 15000 mls £32995.
Marquis northants.£31995.marquis comes with three year warranty.has front remis blinds.tow bar and bike rack.at this time of year i thought at least £2000 discount?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back