Buying A Motorhome From Europe (1 Viewer)

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
Campirama are the sole Hymer dealers, we have brought from them twice.
Here are some others from a Google search, Urbano have a good name don't know about the others.
View attachment 62255

View attachment 62256

Dicar are now the same company as Hainaut Caravaning, a dealer present at Charleroi and Liège that is impossible to recommend.

No experience with Urbano other than a pushy sales guy, but they indeed have a good reputation.

Campirama has a strong reputation. My parents have been very satisfied customers.

Vano Mobil are very professional from a personal experience. https://www.vanomobil.be

A bit further in Luxembourg, Motorhomes Center is pretty good, but do only Hymer and Carado. https://www.motorhomes.lu

Jul 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Conc. Charisma 880F
Exp
Zero....
To answer your question No I don't think they are going anymore, and to ask a question "do you have a N+B Flair now"

Martin
Not yet - looking to buy a Flair 8000 CEBW.
Spoke with Nick - tricky thing is my job has been extended in Manila so this will alter my thinking...

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Spoke with Nick - tricky thing is my job has been extended in Manila so this will alter my thinking...
I'd be keen to know if Nick is able to help you. I was led to believe that he no longer did importing, and that Popeye was his last customer before retiring.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'd be keen to know if Nick is able to help you. I was led to believe that he no longer did importing, and that @Popeye was his last customer before retiring.
That's what he told me in our last chat, of course Bundesvan are still operational by the lovely couple who purchased the Business from Nick.

Anesta

Free Member
Aug 3, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Since 2018
I bought mine from Germany. Vast choice, good bargains to be had, high specs, a lot cheaper and they are very good at all the relevant paperwork

Jul 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Conc. Charisma 880F
Exp
Zero....
That's what he told me in our last chat, of course Bundesvan are still operational by the lovely couple who purchased the Business from Nick.

Same here - Nick can still help - I think the couple that bought it from him have closed up - no website etc.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bob & Sue of Bundesvan definitely retired in March this year which is a shame as very helpful option for some.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
As mentioned previously, I've imported a number of vans over the years , very easy to do , and you do have to buy compulsory 3rd party insurance at the TUV station before you can register it in your name. All done at the same premises.
I think the minimum term is 2 weeks ( maybe 10 days, can't remember ) which I bought, don't know what the maximum term is, this date is then stamped onto the reg plate at the side in red so the police know exactly when the van should be out of the country.
Scary driving an expensive van on only 3rd party until in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back