buying a gunny for them long nights (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We own a Hyundai SEI1000, it is very quiet, comparable to a Honda. As Jaws said in an earlier post, 1KVa sufficient to run the necessary items in your MH. If you shop around you can get a fantastic deal on one, we bought ours for a shade over £300 if my memory serves. I cannot remember who we eventually purchased it from, but it was an online only trader, possibly generators direct??? But I could be wrong.

Just remember to be responsible if you use a generator, whenever we have started ours, we have checked with the neighbours first, and also assured them that it will only be running for a certain time (usually no more than 30 minutes), and never in the hours of darkness when on a regular stop. We have been to Formula one camping, and the rules go out of the window then, but that's a whole different story.

There are some totally unreasonable anti-generator folk out there who will object to you having a generator in your van, even if you never use it. By being a responsible user, you take the high ground and show them up as the asses they are.

OP
OP
BONZO

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Well thanks for the info . Your pun was not taken to heart. I do spell badley sometimes and just hit the wrong thing. But you made me smile.so I thank you for that....lol
I think staying E.H.U in winter is the best way to go . Iv had someone at the side of me before in a field with there Genny on and it drove me nuts. So thanks for your input . Ps I could not read and Wright till I was twenty . And then it was not good. X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Ps I could not read and Wright till I was twenty. And then it was not good. X
Well good on you Bonzo for learning at that time - that's a difficult thing to do. You must have been very determined. It's great that you have the confidence to write on this forum, "in public". And trust me, you're making yourself perfectly clear!

OP
OP
BONZO

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Thank you . Unfortunately there are a lot of young people that have problems and I hope they don't give up because they will miss out on such a lot . If you thinki not too bad at spelling my tablet spells for me or helps me technology what would we do with out it ....x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think staying E.H.U in winter is the best way to go .

You can buy a lot of EHU for the price/running of a genny.

We manage 3 days in winter on a single leisure battery so as long as we move or hook up every 3 days no problem. The trick is to be very frugal with electricity, something some people never get the hang of.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Unfortunately there are a lot of young people that have problems

Inflicted on them by government meddling in education for many years. Experimenting with bright ideas at the expense of all our futures.

Very sad.

OP
OP
BONZO

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Yes we are ok .its when we use the heating it runs off the deisal and the fans take a lot to run but if just tv n lights happy. Days.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes we are ok .its when we use the heating it runs off the deisal and the fans take a lot to run but if just tv n lights happy. Days.

What leisure batteries do you have ?

It's a two edged sword, double the leisure battery capacity, you double the time off charge but then take twice as long to charge up. Or you also double up the charging.

Knock on effect !

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I don't know all the ins and outs of it, as the tech side is Ralphs job. BUT , we too have diesel heating. We don't do hook up, well might do ,If we know we're going on a site and it's no cheaper without hook up, then we take electric heaters, but very rarely.
I know we have a solar panel, two trojan deep cell batteries( the normal leisure ones were rubbish, with the Webasto ) an inverter, b2b Monitor , so he can see the usage levels ( I think ) Converter, and a trickle charger. I only Know we have these, from what Ralphs posted or mentioned before. By having all that , it means we can have the tv on as much as we want to, have the Webasto blowing away, charge everything. I can even use my hair dryer and straighteners .
We never use a genny.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back