Free Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ibiza
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Im a Newbie
I live in Ibiza, Spain and have a short wheel base Fiat Ducato van. What are my options to convert the Fiat? Can anyone put me in touch with coachbuilders or parts sellers in Spain or..

Should i buy a second hand van? My budget is only around 15000 pounds.

I am hoping to use the van in the summer for my work as a Photo shoot producer. The van will be used as a hair and make up vehicle.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Stu

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
£15000 will buy a reasonable second hand van although bigger ones seem to be slightly cheaper to buy than small ones.

on the other hand £15000 will give a very nice self build conversion you could always look at buying a second hand caravan to remove most of the bits out of.

basically you just need to be handy in the wood working department.

one thing i will say though is you may be better with a long wheel based van for what you have planned to use it for or a nice second hand hymer with a rear lounge may suit better.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Stu, you can buy plenty of older Hymers for that sort of money. One word of caution, one previous member of this site wanted to use his van as a dressing room for his drag act, the insurance soared to £2000 they don't like show biz or anything connected with it. Business use if the van is over 3.5ton will make it heavy goods rather than private heavy goods and affects insurance and driving licence class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
H i Stu you don't say which size van you have -Hi roof or low one ? either way the SWB may proove a little short for what you have in mind.It's big enought to convert for 1 or 2 people but may proove small for hair and makeup :winky:::bigsmile:
Perhaps sell the van and buyer a bigger one to convert? that way you can either convert it yourself or have it converted for you to your specs.ie a bed or 2 and chairs etc for hair etc.There are quite a few converters adds on ebay and 15k will easy get you what you want.:thumb:OR you can buy a comprimise older van providing you can manage with the size and layout.:thumb: LAYOUT is the most important thing for you:thumb::Smile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back