1003890_10151784050423331_1233970456_n.jpg

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Jim, IMHO the photographs don't do the kitchen justice. The Aga/range, island and units don't show up very well which is a great pity.

Put it in Jim's shop:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
[HI]What about rugby players ? are there any of those in Wales?[/HI]

House looks great , I'm sure it well sell pretty quickly if put with the right agent.Just a sign of the times at the moment as not a lot selling.Maybe the government would offer me a "help to buy scheme ". I will look into it.:Smile:

You really need someone like http://www.savills.co.uk/
They sell the more Upmarket Stuff

Ref: Rugby players ; No Welsh ones that live there left:ROFLMAO: they're all in France or England.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I would alter the first part of the text to read

This exceptionally attractive 10 Acre(approx) Smallholding benefits from stunning panoramic views over the Teify Valley. - mention the red kites/wildlife?

Family accommodation comprises a fully detatched 6 bedroom character house with a date-stone of 1855.

Additionally there are a range of stone and slated outbuildings which have been tastefully and professionally converted to offices/living accommodation. These have great potential to be easily divided into 3 or 4 Holiday Cottages.

The last building within this substantial stunning area is a 40′ x 20′ stone and slated Barn
and 2 lovely pasture paddocks. (you cant say clean and dry paddocks as if they visit on a wet day they can say not as described).

An opportunity to own such substantial property with such fabulous scenery does not occur very often so please take time to read all the details and make an appointment to view.

You will not be disappointed.

The property is for sale freehold with no chain and very reasonably priced for a quick and uncomplicated sale at just

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
My understanding is that three things sell a property.
a) Kitchen, not the best in this advert,
b) Bathroom, no picture..
c) Price.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Jim,
Lovely house. I would keep it as it is, but add shots from kitchen end.

We marketed ours via house network.co.uk. because they give you a presence on rightmove.co.uk. The majority of people use rightmove to search for properties. Well I do anyhow.

I would also do a video walk through maybe, and although that might take up too much bandwidth etc, you could link it to youtube.

House network, took some lovely picture, plus also you show the people around and I think that is great because you know how to sell your own house. Also you do it via the internet and you can take the property on and off for sale, so if youre away for a while, take it off, and when youre back and want viewings you put it back on, that way also you come up as a new property in the rightmove listings, I think anyhow.

Good luck, its wonderful, love the views, only downside is Wales is wet, lol and we arent going to be here to buy it, hope you get to France.

Pat

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
make the most of your skills and draw up a ground plan but make it interactive. click on each room for a popup gallery of photos and a good description

you are not an estate agent, so dont try to talk like one. that puts people off as they start looking for the lies and faults youre hiding. as i say though add pictures of every room and feature.

should only take a couple of hours to sort

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Stunning property and location Jim.

Hope you find these comments useful.

I would agree with Ourcampersbeentrashed about a slight rewrite of your opening statement.

There's something wrong with the library description (floor, wall, ceiling?)

I would go with text on all your images or none at all.

There are no images of some of the bedrooms or any of the bathrooms.

It isn't clear which description relates to which bedroom.

For consistency, either describe all the rooms first and then show images or add the descriptions below each image.

A minor thing but there are a lot of instances of upper case letters used for words other than nouns (it's the document writer in me).

Good luck with the sale.

Oh, and get the coffee on now.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay, I've had a quick shuftie Jim and these are my thoughts:

Photos generally: think about what shows in them - you don't want to see dead plants, odd bits of furniture, rubbish etc - you want to see the 'best' you can; also make sure they are LEVEL nothing worse than trying to look at a crooked photo! Loose the 'arty-farty' photos, they may be nice but don't add anything to the advert.

Main photo of house front: put some plants in the pots and take an angled photo of the house without the conifers in the middle of it which just are a distraction, when you've done this crop out the excess bits such as the trampoline! :Smile:

View out of front door: as already mentioned think about what you can see - the dead plants are horrible and you should be concentrating on the view, not them or the furniture that can be seen. Crop the photo to just 'frame' the view. If you have the chance to replace the path up to the front door, even with just some plain pavers, that would help a lot as the mismatched concrete looks very messy and will be one of the first things that someone viewing sees.

House Kitchen: remove the rubbish (or whatever it is) in the basket on the left, stack up some nice logs in it instead! Remove the superfluous bits and pieces such as paper off the table, and especially all the stuff stacked on top of the kitchen wall cupboards and fridge! Put all of the chairs along the sides of the table, with the cream ones in the centre between the brown, this will give a clear view through to the kitchen, rather than the back of a chair - also if the table can be reduced in size a little it would certainly help make the room look shorter and wider. The fruit bowl is fine, but remove the candlesticks. If you can line the table up with the ceiling light fitting that would look better too. Agree about the colour though, it does make the room appear very dark so certainly for the cost of a bit of paint and work it will totally transform the room (perhaps the same colour as the lighter floor tiles?)

Lounge: what's in the scuttle? You've got too many chairs round the table as it makes it look very 'tight', remove any other bits and pieces that are not necessary such as the metal stand (?) propped up agains the bookcase; the curtains need to be drawn right back with tiebacks ideally to show off the window more, and get some paint! I would suggest keeping the fire wall green but painting all the others a much lighter colour as it looks very dark and narrow as it is.

Sitting room: pretty much okay, just please straighten the stuff on the coffee table! :RollEyes:

Bed Nian: tidy the cables at the side of the bed so they don't show; straighten the picture on the wall, remove the cushion from the window as it doesn't add anything, even our the top of the curtains and 'puddle' the bottom of them so they splay outwards onto the floor, rather than in a crumpled heap.

Barn kitchen: put some more stuff in it to make it look like a USED kitchen, the metal trolley and plastic crates on the floor don't look good either.

The office: sorry but looking at your bald bonce is NOT the best thing in the world! :Eeek: Tidy it all up - you are 'selling' an image of a nice calm place to work, not a cluttered workspace (yes I know they all get like that but you don't have to SHOW that!); an angled photos of such an area tends to look better too. The room with the notice boards could do with a bit of 'life' too - what about putting a table and chairs in there ... and remove the beer bottle and stuff against the wall. :Doh:

Text & Layout: overall change it is all in the same clear font and size, iideally using a text without such large spacing between the letters and with only the headings in larger text size; also make all the text blocked on the left as there's nothing worse than 'centred' text for something like this and it makes it look unprofessional and difficult to read.

At the start of the web page immediately under the first photo you need some bullet points which quickly summarise what is on offer, such as:

10 Acre Smallholding with stunning panoramic views over the Teify Valley comprising:
  • 6 bedroom main farmhouse - part dating from 1855
  • Stone and slate barn measuring ??m x ??m (40′ x 20′)
  • x (give number) of additional stone and slate outbuilding converted to living accommodation and office space (could make 3 or 4 holiday cottages)
  • 2 clean dry pasture paddocks - are they organic or just one - this is important to a lot of people so give the info as well as the sizes of each and whether they are flat/sloping, fenced etc.
  • Is there a garden? No mention is made so give info!

You need to rework the text and remove all the 'explanations' of why you bought it - whilst it is nice to know it is totally irrelevant to anyone else and just clutters up the web page, if anyone is interested and comes to view you can tell them then! Also you need t be consistent with your 'words' - "multi fuel" for example is hyphenated and should be "multi-fuel", you shouldn't split the size info either, eg you have it as 7.92m(26’0”) x 3.66m(12’0”) and it should be 7.92m x 3.66m (26’0” x 12’0”). Buyers want to see clear and concise information and photos which are easy to read and understand, not have to wade through lots of other bits and pieces. Also get someone to proof read it for you to correct the things that you just don't spot it as is very easy to miss stuff!

You haven't included such stuff as the rateable value/band, and also it is a legal requirement for you to put on the EPC I believe so that needs to be incorporated somewhere. Very importantly you needs to put on a disclaimer!

If you are able, I'd also suggest using a tabbed web pages, rather than just the one, so that you can have the concise info on the main page and more info on tabbed pages for each of the areas, this means that the main page isn't massive and doesn't take a long time to load which can put a lot of people off.

This is a web site I made when we were trying to sell our bungalow about 7 years ago which will give you an idea of what I'm on about above! ::bigsmile:

http://mynewhome.yolasite.com/

Please don't take any of the above as negative, it is only meant to help you get a sale! :thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's beautiful but perhaps the problem is underpricing? Looks far grander than the meagre asking price :Eeek:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Actually this has just reminded me to buy tickets for Fridays draw :thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I would say definitely a floor plan with approx sizes and overall sq ft or m for each building and each floor.

Again as has been said more pictures and details of the income potential.

I would love to buy this , as would everyone else but a fair way short :cry:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
The stove alight with good flames (Beech/Hornbeam is good for a clean flame). A single non flash photo showing the ambience of the heart of a home alight.

We are having to sell an aunt's flat for her to pay for her care home fees. Not too much interest over 6 months although price was good. Asked agent to remove listing in mid November and re-instate on 2 January this year at a higher price, sold on the 3rd of January. Guessing because it looked like a new listing?

ps: why France?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back