Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi All

This is a new thread continued from Link Removed the original thread was looking for a venue in the area this is more specific

This is a casual meet for anyone who fancies a weekend away just outside the Spa Town of Buxton, Derbyshire.
The site Link Removed have agreed a Funsters discount of £15.00 per unit (regardless of the amount of people/dogs) per night.
We are told that they can accomodate RV's upto 34' (check direct to make sure). All pitches are hardstanding with 16 amp hookup.
There is a bus service into Buxton about 5mins walk away in the village, which runs every 30mins. There is also an erratic bus service into Ashbourne.
Just a thought, Buxton Opera House is showing the Chinese State Circus this weekend if anyone is interested. also buxton is a nice little market town for shopping, there is lots to do in the area see the site

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The site Link Removed have agreed a Funsters discount of £15.00 per unit (regardless of the amount of people/dogs) per night.

Hi

Just had a look at the site, I don't quite understand the 'funsters' discount.. unless there are more than two adults in a van it's the same price ... or am I misunderstanding your post ?

the normal price is..

Caravan/Motorhome pitch fee £15.00 per night, includes pitch & two persons, extra person £5.00 per night, (children under 5 yrs old, no charge). No other charges are made for electicity, awnings or showers.

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
the saving is for people with more than 2 in their van, so grab a couple of friend and join the fun, bring 4 friend and save £40 seem good to me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi All

This is a new thread continued from Link Removed the original thread was looking for a venue in the area this is more specific

This is a casual meet for anyone who fancies a weekend away just outside the Spa Town of Buxton, Derbyshire.
We are told that they can accomodate RV's upto 34' (check direct to make sure). All pitches are hardstanding with 16 amp hookup.
There is a bus service into Buxton about 5mins walk away in the village, which runs every 30mins. There is also an erratic bus service into Ashbourne.
Just a thought, Buxton Opera House is showing the Chinese State Circus this weekend if anyone is interested. also buxton is a nice little market town for shopping, there is lots to do in the area see the site

Yes I am interested though I must speak to the person in charge (wife) to see if she is willing to travel 152 miles each way for the weekend.
It looks a nice spot on the internet and somewhere that I have never been.
Should she say yes then it will be 2 kids (6+9) and us in are 33' trail lite.
Please let me know if it is possible to bring the children and that the site will take our RV.
Thanks for the open invite Mark.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Hi blister... would they be prepared to knock off a fiver for a single camper or is it just mob discounts?

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi mark happy to ask if the boss says yes, alternatinly you could call direct on 01298 78731 (only 5 digets) speak to Jan, mention Graham motorhomefun, XGX when you say a single camper do you mean just you in the van, if so happy to ask if you confirm you wish to come, or again call direct, for the record I a'm more than happy to ask questions on your behalf but only if your 95% sure your coming, otherwise it not fair on all concerned

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Thanks Graham... I'll contact them direct as I'm not sure at the mo (health issues, 7 to10 days for x-ray results)

Have a good meet!

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Thanks XGX, i,m sure we will. All the best with your xrays, fingers crossed:thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
would love to have come,:Sad: but due to flu I am under house arrest!!! tried to book there last year but they were full, it looks a great site, and he owners are very helpful, will certainly be booking with them for some time this year, have a good time funsters, and let us know if the site is as good as it looks.:thumb:

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Change of plan meet/party a Lucilles house Then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Hi Graham
as suspected we are on grandparent duties all day saturday so we're unable to make it.

Whilst in the lakes (nr. coniston) last week we came upon a small site, open all year, no shower / toilet block, with 10 amp ehu for £ 10 / night. Our oil filled radiator was on permanantly while we were there.
Could take approx 12 vans, and it's got hardstanding.
Anybody fancy a meet up in the lakes?

regards
Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back