Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie
Could someone offer advise please, I have 2 bottles of 6kg propane in my MH and would like to have 1 propane and 1 butane ( because as I understand it Butane burns hotter, therefore heats quicker). Would it be safe to to have one bottle of each on a tee, obviously with the appropriate regulators, or would the slight mixing of the gases when I change over bottles be a problem. I always I really appreciate your answers
regards
Gary

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't bother, there is a negligible difference in flame temperature - a few degrees and though butane has more energy per kilogram you won't notice any difference and if it is a bit chilly then propane will aways out perform butane.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Stick with propane, the only time you might want the extra heat the butane won't work anyway, in practice you won't notice the difference.
Butane stops gassing off at 0 deg, but pressure gets to low to be any use way above that, in practice you start to notice at about 6-7 deg that nothing is working properly.
Propane stops gassing at -40 deg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
doing what you said you wont notice the difference with mixing the gas . actually butane regulators and propane regulators overlap in the pressure bits .
but as said you are probably better off sticking with propane .
mind when i,m in spain or morocco i use butane . just because it was cheap and easier to get .
if i should go anywhere really cold i can swap to the uk propane .
over the years have had propane put in butane bottles , butane in propane bottles didnt really cause a problem . when in some countries you just have to have what ever gas they can get in your bottle .

OP
OP
gazzeroo

gazzeroo

Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie