Burstner windows and seals on 747/2 (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Burstner 747-2
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all,
I've got a few queries and hoping to find help here, on a 2004 burstner Argos 747/2:
First, my over cab bunk window blew out and flew down the motorway after a recent trip due to the kids leaving it unlatched. Any ideas where to buy a replacement, either 2nd hand or new? (Pic below)

Second: the large rear garage is plagued with leaks letting water in. Having replaced the entire floor with new marine ply due to rot, I discovered the rear hatches were both allowing water in. Since I don't ever use them, Iv put a silicon bead on both. But now it seems the large side door was the main culprit all along. My question is, should this door have a seal along the outer door edge in addition to the seal along the frame it closes into? Is it the same on all hatches/doors?
(Pic attached)

Cheers in advance, and thanks for all help so far!

Bob

20210722_084828.jpg

20210816_000439.jpg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a 2003 Burstner t625 Harmony. Several years a hab check found damp which had been let in by the sealant along the trim at the top of the van sides drying and shrinking with age. The trim would be ruined by removal and is no longer available so the only solution was to overseal. We also discovered similar problems with the sealant of one window frame so oversealed round all windows and locker doors as a preventative.
I found (by advice and experience) that a thin bead of Puraflex 40, smoothed/pushed into the joint by a finger dipped in washing up liquid solution did the trick and gave the best finish. It's something that needs keeping an eye on and renewing if/when necessary.
From talking to Jim at the Norfolk show, it isn't an uncommon problem. He told me that RV owners in the US regularly have "re-caulking meets" to maintain each others' vans :)

Jun 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
747 Burstner
Hello, did you have any luck replacing it, we have exactly the same things and trying to find replacement? Thanks if you can

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back