Burstner Window Recall (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi, We've only been MHing for six months and our 2004 Burstner 615 is our first MH - although we have been making up for lost time as we have clocked up 7000 miles. Just got back from a couple of weeks in France to find a letter from Burstner about the problem they identified some years ago with the windows fitted to certain models of MHs and caravans built between 1998 - 2005 - the outer panes can come loose and they have been offering a free fix for 4 years but they are closing the offer on 31/05. They gave me a number to call 01283 586060, Myriad Products in Staffordshire. If anyone calls you need the body number (begins WBU) and they will tell you if your vehicle is affected.

I only joined MHfun a week ago so do not know if this info is already out there.

I am impressed that Burstner could contact me, the 3rd owner of only 6 months - and about a MH that was 8 years old - all the best frm Old Vic

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Not seen the info posted before, what splendid service. I wonder how they found you. Big brother is watching I guess. German efficiency shines through. This really is what this site is all about. I don't have a Bursner, would love one. Maybe one day.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am impressed that Burstner could contact me, the 3rd owner of only 6 months - and about a MH that was 8 years old - all the best frm Old Vic

Big brother is out there !

We had ours done 2 or 3 years ago. 4 corners are drilled and fitted with screw together plastic rivets. All very painless.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks. I rang the number and am waiting for a call back as the person who deals with this matter was on another line.

Whilst waiting, though, I found This Website where you can enter your vehicle body number to see if it is affected.

When I did so I received the result "Your vehicle is not affected by this recall operation" but that was followed by "It is possible that the chassis number you entered is not correct. Please, Check the chassis number you have entered again" so not totally clear :Smile:

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
There is a link on the Burstner web site in 'Service' that explains the problem fully. My 2004 615 is affected and is being fixed in a couple of weeks. I would have thought that your 625 would be as the vans are pretty much the same apart from layout.
Old Vic

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks. I had a look at the Burstner site. It appears that the affected windows were manufactured by Polyplastic. Our windows are all Seitz so it looks like we will be OK. No doubt the call back from Miriad will tell us one way or the other.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I've just rung Miriad Products back and been told that our van is not affected :thumb:

Thanks again for posting the thread. It's nice to be sure :Smile:

It looks like window failure is unlikely anyway but impressed with Burstner - I noticed that the letter had been sent by Registered Mail !
Old Vic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back