Burstner warranty (1 Viewer)

Robertevers7

Free Member
Nov 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
We bought a burstner new in 2020 and booklet says we have a 2 year warranty plus burstner germany told me its 2 years without conditions. my dealer made us have a habitaion check before he would do any warranty work. This is for a part required and not water ingress. Has anyone been made to do the same. Thanks everyone

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Most manufacturers offer various warranties, but all ( that I have heard of) insist on a habitation inspection as a minimum once a Yr by an approved dealer/ repairer. We have had bailey, chausson and burstner, had to do it on all for warranty, same as vehicle and servicing, even though we do minimal miles if you want warranty you have to keep to manufactures t&c.

OP
OP
R

Robertevers7

Free Member
Nov 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi thanks for reply.as i said we were told there was no conditions on the 2 year warranty and no first year check was needed. If a check was need it would be called a 1 year warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You don't need a hab check on Hymer Group vehicles for them to do warranty work your dealer was pulling a fast one.
We have had 3 new Hymers over the last 13 years never had a hab check never had any problems getting warranty work done.

OP
OP
R

Robertevers7

Free Member
Nov 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
Thanks for reply. I have shown them what it said in handbook and email from burstner but they insisted on check at £200. We had to agree as we need it sorted before we go on holiday in 2 weeks.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I have a 2019 Burstner & have only had to have a yearly water ingress check. Never had a hab check & have had warranty work done without the dealer asking for a hab check

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
You don't need a hab check on Hymer Group vehicles for them to do warranty work your dealer was pulling a fast one.
We have had 3 new Hymers over the last 13 years never had a hab check never had any problems getting warranty work done.
Ditto. Although we did once ask TW to do a damp check for us, and they insisted we'd need a full hab check for it to be valid :(.

We were on our way to Germany, anyway, and ended up having it done at Bad Waldsee - no hab check necessary :giggle:.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I have a 2019 Burstner & have only had to have a yearly water ingress check. Never had a hab check & have had warranty work done without the dealer asking for a hab check

I have a 2016 Burstner and out of Warranty at the time of repair - three weeks ago - but Burstner attended to the problem, admittedly I had to visit their factory at my cost but they carried out an exceptional job. In conversation with their people in both Kehl and at Wissembourg, I found that there is a definate pride 'in their company' and their company alone; we are 'Burstner' they all said. They maybe part of the 'Hymer Group' but they are still an independent entity proud of their indepependence. Long may it continue.

Robert

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You don’t have to have a hab check done for the warranty just a damp check, done that, been there with a new Burstner a few years ago,

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

With Sunlight you do Lenny, and they’re part of the Hymer Group. Annual Habitation checks carried out by Sunlight Dealer to keep the warranty valid. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
R

Robertevers7

Free Member
Nov 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class
I wish this was the only problem with the dealer.we have a problem with the floor in rear lounge which they refused to fix and told us to go to uk camper in Lincoln.we live in scotland so we have to drive passed our dealer on the way down to Lincoln. Camper uk say they need it for 5 days so now we have to stay in a hotel all at our own expense. Talk about kick a man when he's down. Good news is the radio works fine😅😂👿

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I wish this was the only problem with the dealer.we have a problem with the floor in rear lounge which they refused to fix and told us to go to uk camper in Lincoln.we live in scotland so we have to drive passed our dealer on the way down to Lincoln. Camper uk say they need it for 5 days so now we have to stay in a hotel all at our own expense. Talk about kick a man when he's down. Good news is the radio works fine😅😂👿

Why Camper UK. What have they got to do with it?

I have a new Burstner. As far as I am aware a damp check is required once a year to maintain the warranty. The fiat cab/engine side of things is 2 years but no service is required as the first service is due after 2 years anyway.

The Burstner side of the warranty is 3 years I think.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Camper UK do seem to be the go to Burstner dealer for all floor delimitation issues.
They have the space & trained people to do the work

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I wouldn’t be letting any dealers have a go at fixing a faulty floor in a nearly new van ?
They would be collecting it from me and taking it to the factory at their expense or having it back ⚠️

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We bought or Burstner from Southdowns, in 2019, as we were in France in 2020 we popped back to have the damp check done. Southdowns stated that we did not have to have the hab check to comply with the damp warranty. On its two year check we had the hab check for some warranty repairs (nothing major) all done in one day plus the damp check to keep the damp warranty in force. The damp check has to be done every year durning the warranty period max plus or minus one month.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Is that what Sunlight say or what UK dealers say, because UK dealers are always trying that blag?

I’ll go and get my documents from the van later and take another look. However, I found this on the internet…….

If I was buying and read this, I’d say it was pretty clear.

B5647617-986C-4952-9B44-67C87824CB9E.png

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Why Camper UK. What have they got to do with it?

I have a new Burstner. As far as I am aware a damp check is required once a year to maintain the warranty. The fiat cab/engine side of things is 2 years but no service is required as the first service is due after 2 years anyway.

The Burstner side of the warranty is 3 years I think.
Camper U.K. were appointed by Burstner to do the recall on floor delamination problems on vehicles built circa 2016. They had staff specifically trained to do this work and were aided by Germans from Burstner. They need to keep the van for a while, in our case 10 days to fix the problem. They did a great job on ours.
Phil

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
On a sunlight you only need a damp check yearly for the first 5 years to keep up the damp ingress warranty

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
That's the dealer telling lies again.

I’ve been waiting over a year for one part from the dealer, and that’s with service / Hab check as per the Sunlight Warranty.

If it’s the Dealer I purchased the Van off lying, then it’s other Sunlight Dealerships as well, as the Dealership I had the Hab check done said the same. 🤷‍♂️

It took me 10 months to get two parts, and I’m still waiting for another, I’d never get the warranty parts if I started to say ‘You’re Wrong’. Luckily the replacement parts needed didn’t stop us using the van. Our dealer doesn’t even answer my emails anymore and I’m still in the warranty period. I’ve already given up and know I’m on my own.

If it’s wrong why hasn’t anyone taken Hymer to task over it?

They’ve got you over a barrel. You only have to read some of the threads on here to see how problematic this area is, going against the paperwork presented at handover can only make things worse……even if we think it’s wrong. 🤔 (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When we bought our first Hymer I asked our dealer about hab checks, he said it wasn't necessary but you want one have one at 5 years.
Like I said we have had 3 new Hymers never had a hab check, never had a problem with warrenty work. Hymer have a pan European warranty so you can take the van to any dealer.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I’ve been waiting over a year for one part from the dealer, and that’s with service / Hab check as per the Sunlight Warranty.

If it’s the Dealer I purchased the Van off lying, then it’s other Sunlight Dealerships as well, as the Dealership I had the Hab check done said the same. 🤷‍♂️

It took me 10 months to get two parts, and I’m still waiting for another, I’d never get the warranty parts if I started to say ‘You’re Wrong’. Luckily the replacement parts needed didn’t stop us using the van. Our dealer doesn’t even answer my emails anymore and I’m still in the warranty period. I’ve already given up and know I’m on my own.

If it’s wrong why hasn’t anyone taken Hymer to task over it?

They’ve got you over a barrel. You only have to read some of the threads on here to see how problematic this area is, going against the paperwork presented at handover can only make things worse……even if we think it’s wrong. 🤔 (y)
Sounds just like our Burstner dealer. 6months and waiting for parts that didn't work from brand-new and unable to fix a broken fridge which really should just be replaced.

I'm giving them one more chance when we return from our 2 month euro trip and then I will go direct to Burstner and see if they can do anything.

Problem is once you go over the heads of a dealer all goodwill is lost - even if they were useless anyway, the fact no one else will take you on is worrying.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Sounds just like our Burstner dealer. 6months and waiting for parts that didn't work from brand-new and unable to fix a broken fridge which really should just be replaced.

I'm giving them one more chance when we return from our 2 month euro trip and then I will go direct to Burstner and see if they can do anything.

Problem is once you go over the heads of a dealer all goodwill is lost - even if they were useless anyway, the fact no one else will take you on is worrying.
Afraid any goodwill from our Dealer disappeared when they took our money and waved us out the gate. ;)

Dec 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
Since 2012
When we bought our first Hymer I asked our dealer about hab checks, he said it wasn't necessary but you want one have one at 5 years.
Like I said we have had 3 new Hymers never had a hab check, never had a problem with warrenty work. Hymer have a pan European warranty so you can take the van to any dealer.
I get the impression that the world has changed since Brexit and Covid, manufacturers have become much more strict with any warranty claims and are adding these extra hoops to jump through.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back