Burstner T615 Newbie Questions (1 Viewer)

Hollyholidayhouse

Free Member
Oct 23, 2017
Funster No
Hi,

Having just taken delivery of a '55 plate Burstner T615 I have a couple of questions regarding the electrics (have tried the manuals supplied)

1) The interior lights only work when the 12v switch on the control panel is on irrespective of being connected to mains or not, is this normal ?

2) I have several small round sockets around the living area, I believe they are a different type of 12v only socket, if so does anybody know what type and if I can get hold of adapters ?

3) Will the above work on mains hook up too ?

Cheers,

Steve

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The small round plugs are "Hella" type 12 volt cigar lighter sockets, you can get an adaptor to convert them to "normal" cigarette style sockets or change the plugs on any 12 volt stuff to Hella type with adaptors you can buy at The Range.
What type of electrical control box is fitted, you'll find it under the passenger seat.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The 12 volt switch on your panel should control all your 12 volt "stuff". So yes, it needs to be on for your lights to work, and also for those 12volt sockets to work.
The mains hook up will provide battery charge to your habitation battery and usually your vehicle battery too. It will also provide power to any 240v mains sockets in your van. You can switch your fridge to mains power too when on hookup.

You could change one of the 12 volt sockets to USB outlet sort like this

As it is more useful for charging techie stuff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
All 12v (habitation) items work in the same way whether you are connected to EHU or not. Consequently the 12v master switch on the control panel will work in an identical manner whether on EHU or not.

!2v habitation items always work from the habitation battery. When you are NOT connected to EHU it is being discharged by whatever you are using. When you ARE connected to EHU the power/control unit built into the motorhome is sufficiently powerful to charge the habitation battery even when you are using 12v habitation services (lights, pump, TV, etc).

Edit: ............ but see Riverbankannies comment re fridge.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Do not consider changing the Hella plugs or sockets for the old ciggy lighter type, the Hella being far superior and do not come loose or give poor contacts.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi @Hollyholidayhouse good choice of Motorhome. As others have said the 12V needs to be turned on at the control panel for the sockets to work. I have 2 of these adaptors that plug in.

And a couple of these for charging phones and tablets.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
Agreed I have a 615 keep Hella sockets and for lighting or any electrics turn on 12 volt on panel.

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
1) The interior lights only work when the 12v switch on the control panel is on irrespective of being connected to mains or not, is this normal ?

2) I have several small round sockets around the living area, I believe they are a different type of 12v only socket, if so does anybody know what type and if I can get hold of adapters ?

3) Will the above work on mains hook up too ?

All the lights are 12V as are the pump/toilet etc. They are all powered by the 'Domestic ' battery(s) under the seat.
The batteries are automatically charged by the engine or when plugged into ehu.
13A sockets will normally only work when plugged into EHU (electrical hook up).
The fridge and heating will also work on EHU, if not then by gas. 12v only works when the engine is running but only maintains the temperature it won't make it any colder

Upvote 0

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
All the lights are 12V as are the pump/toilet etc. They are all powered by the 'Domestic ' battery(s) under the seat.

@Hollyholidayhouse Don't know which control panel you have, but our Burstner has to have both the 12v and a separate water pump switch ON to run the pump/toilet etc.

Cheers
Chris, Bannock and Red.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back