Burstner Star T680 waste water monitor (1 Viewer)

RBB

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burnster Star T680
Exp
New to MH but camped a lot I mean A Lot
Newly acquired van and sorting through a few niggles, no read out of the contents for the waste water tank or the starter battery, or the gas bottles .....probably not related but any ideas where to start looking?

Other than that pleased with it so far....first trip next week an overnighter at the Madness gig in Montrose.....

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What age is your van ? On our '05 T680, there is a small moveable LCD display that goes either above the hab door, or on the dash, that you scroll through to action the waste, battery etc.

OP
OP
R

RBB

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burnster Star T680
Exp
What age is your van ? On our '05 T680, there is a small moveable LCD display that goes either above the hab door, or on the dash, that you scroll through to action the waste, battery etc.
It’s an 06, we also have the movable control panel, although its a bit of a hit and miss if it works in the front, just bad connections, seems unnecessary in the cab while driving anyway !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Ours has never worked on the dashboard fitting either and I agree that the thumbnail operation is a bit jerky. Do you get all the icons (pump, battery, waste etc) showing when you press the thumbnail to activate the display ? Might be worth just changing the little on-board battery in the display ?

OP
OP
R

RBB

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burnster Star T680
Exp
All the displays work, just no readings on waste water, starter battery or gas other than --- everything else is reading as expected, I did clean the fresh water sensor and found a loose wire on the EBox which brought that reading back.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds like they're not getting the signal input to the display as you've confirmed with the fresh water sensor ?
Maybe need to check out the inputs going into the Ebox and pull, check and clean up the fuses on the front ?

OP
OP
R

RBB

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burnster Star T680
Exp
20A fuse in the engine bay sorted the starter battery voltage indication and also the Aux blower for the back, if I can be bothered I'll further investigate the waste water sensor but......I might just keep emptying it !

OP
OP
R

RBB

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burnster Star T680
Exp
I’ve got outside and internal temp and the y work !

Had a further look at the dash mounted holder for the lcd Ebox control. Now fixed ?. If you prize it apart, the little contacts are mounted on a tiny pcb which has a plug, on mine the pcb was loose, unplugged it cleaned the contacts superglued the pcb back in place, plugged it back in snap it back together...... sorted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back