KAL 590

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Got our 590 a few days back, 2013 model. We have a few questions which I hope someone can help with? At each side of the lounge window there are pockets that attach with Velcro to the walls, can someone advise there purpose?

Also we like the functionality of the table how it spins and slides etc, but this thing is mahoosive....has anyone fitted a smaller table or different type of table? I know it's purpose for additional bed but there are just the two of us so this function is not needed. I have seen tables that hinge and fold in the middle. Just wondered if anyone has got something different that could be shared?

Thanks
Kevin

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Congratulations on your lovely purchase .. can you attach photo of the pockets .. can they not just be for newspaper or tv clicker or something.

Yes people have changed their tables and I am sure they will be along to help you very shortly.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hymers have ginormous tables so took mine out, bought a Fiamma table leg system that consist of a base plate, column and top fitting which attaches to a table I had made to my measurements by Rainbow Leisure. The table lives in the drop down bed, column in the wardrobe. When we stop for lunch, cuppa etc just a couple of minutes job to slot the column into the floor plate, table onto column and away you go. The system is quite solid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

KAL 590

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thanks Movan, yes we did think it may be for storage of remote etc, was just wanted to know as we are puzzled.

Thanks Xabia, will have a look at Rainbow leisure, a smaller table top that folded in half would be perfect for our needs.

Cervantes

Free Member
Jan 13, 2011
Pilar de la Horadada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo time it590
Exp
Since February 2013 (but planning for 10 years!)
Hi Kal,
We also have a 2013 it590, and also have no idea what these are for. We use them for the TV remote, serviettes, and dried flowers. We have asked many people, but have not yet had a sensible reply.
As for the table, we lived with ours for 3 months, then removed it ( only 4 screws holding it to the floor, so easily removed and stored under the spare bed at home) and replaced it with a free-standing one (from Carrefour) which folds flat and stores behind the passenger seat when travelling, bungeed to the seat base.
DSCF5945.JPG

As you can see, there is more than enough room for beer on it!!
Hope this is of some help.
Cheers
Brian

GuyandJean

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2015
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. We have had an Ixeo time 590 since June 2015 and are very happy with it. When we bought it it was 2 months old and already had a Fiamma bike rack fitted. If our bikes are loaded the rack blocks access to the toilet cassette door so, to empty the cassette, bikes have to come off the rack so we can open the door. Not the end of the world agreed but it can be irritating. Has anyone been able to work around this or is it something we just have to accept?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cervantes

Free Member
Jan 13, 2011
Pilar de la Horadada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo time it590
Exp
Since February 2013 (but planning for 10 years!)
Hi Guy and Jean,
The exact same thing happened to us!
When we bought the van we specified a cycle carrier, but foolishly didn't specify where we wanted it.
When we picked it up, instead of being above the cassette door as I expected, it was offset to one side of it. This caused us a problem with the size of bikes we could carry (see https://themotorhomeyears.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/teething-troubles.html ) which we overcame by getting 20" wheel bikes.
As you said, the cassette door would not open without the cycle rack being in the closed position.
After a great deal of head scratching I decided to drill another hole in the cycle carriers arms, and then moved the rail that carries the bike further away from the back of the van, making sure that there was then enough room to pull the cassette out of the van.
I don't know where your cycle rack has been fitted, but if it's the same as ours, this fix should work.
You have to find the right positions for the pedals, seat height, handlebars, rail position, angle of the bike rack and bike clamps, etc to get the bikes to fit side by side now they are closer together, but they will fit eventually - just make sure you put them in the same position every time.
The cassette does come out with the bikes on the bike rack, but once you have pulled the cassette out of the van, you have to lift it up parallel to the back of the van, so best not to let it get too full!
Hope this is of some help to you.
Cheers
Brian
DSCF9815.JPG
DSCF9818.JPG DSCF9819.JPG

GuyandJean

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2015
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
Hi Brian

Many thanks for your help. Looking at your pictures I can see that we have a different problem. With you it was the bikes that were stopping you being able to open the door to the cassette but with us it is the actual bike rack. When the rack is pulled down for the bikes it actually blocks the door from opening, but when the rack is pushed up there is enough clearance for the door to open.

I think that if the rack had been installed just a couple of inches higher there would be no problem. Not sure if it would be advisable to move the rack up a couple of inches, don't really like the idea of extra holes being drilled in the van!

See pics above. All the best Guy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back