Burstner i821 - no water from taps, shower, toilet?? (1 Viewer)

The Baileys

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
Hi all

Halfway through our last trip the water stopped working? Checked the tank (for water) fuses, all ok? Any ideas or suggestions? Guessing it’s the pump though? Would this be under warranty?

Thanks in advance

A and B in the Huzzie

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Burford Duo
Exp
Since 2018
We had something similar recently. Everything appeared to work but only the merest trickle came out the taps. It was suggested there may be some biofilm in the taps. It seems the end of the taps can be undone, there's a gauze type filter. To my astonishment there was a load of snot like goo on the filter. I cleaned it out and everything worked fine.

I do put the water treatment stuff from the little bottle into the tank. I'd recently descaled the boiler which seems to have dislodged the gunge. I'm not sure but there was certainly something in there.

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Hi all

Halfway through our last trip the water stopped working? Checked the tank (for water) fuses, all ok? Any ideas or suggestions? Guessing it’s the pump though? Would this be under warranty?

Thanks in advance
If the power is at the pump terminals I would say its the pump, they are not expensive and an easy exchange if easily accessible, I have done one and it only took a few minutes. Get the details of the pump and google them to ensure you get the correct flow rate and voltage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
First diagnostic step: is the pump running? If not is there power available on the pump wires (those connected to the motor itself)? If there isn't does it run if you short out the pressure switch? I'm assuming it's a pressure system but if it isn't a different approach to diagosing the problem is required.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Can you hear the pump running? If so could be a valve open or a joint failed leaking water obviously if inside you will notice it but if boiler drain valve open water will be outside.?as tonyidle says you need step by step diagnosis.??

OP
OP
The Baileys

The Baileys

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
Brilliant, thank you guys, I will look deeper into it, will let you know the outcome, thanks again, much appreciated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back