Burstner i720 A Class (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We bought the above new in March 2019 and having used it as much as we can, I thought I would provide my thoughts

Bertie ( Beauty Terrorist’s choice..) has a rear bathroom across the back with 2 full length single beds. He is 7.41m long x 2.98 high x 2.33 wide and plated at 4250kg. We had an E&P levelling system fitted ( best thing ever….), Vanbitz Strikeback Growler with Metatrack Tracker, tow bar and electrics for a Toad, Underslung spare wheel carrier, 150w of PV’s.

He drives really well now that we have lowered the tyre pressures from the 80 psi recommended by Michelin

Cab
Good points:-
- Width compared to coachbuilt
- Super comfy seats
- Wing mirrors ( great rear visibility)
- Driving position and overall visibility
- Internal blinds
- Climate control
- Reversing camera display
- Storage

Niggly points:
- Rattle from over cab bed when driving
- Pioneer built in Satnav ( fiddly putting in destinations compared to Camper 760 and not I don’t fully trust it, so also use Camper 760)
- Comformatic box hunts between 5th and 6th gears when climbing long hills
- Movement of drivers seat being obstructed by steering wheel when rotated 180deg

Bad points:-
- None

Living and sleeping area
- Lighting ( lots of dimmable LED, spotlights and plenty of switches )
- Kitchen layout - drawers, high level cupboards, worktop space, large fridge, good sink, oven, 3 ring hob ( we initially worried about only 3 gas rings having previously had 3 gas plus one electric but not an issue, we only ever seem to use 2 at once.)
- Lounge seating ( with 2 seat belts) and fully adjustable table - good layout and very comfy
- Large windows with fly screens and internal blinds
- Lots of high level cupboards
- can sit up in bed with no headroom issues
- Double floor storage hatches
- Lots of storage under single beds ( not encumbered by heaters etc)
- TV station with power and USB outlets
- Extra wide habitation door
- Control panel
- Truma 6 heating system with multiple vents and heated areas ( we previously had an Aldi system which when it worked was great but always struggled with air locks and weeping due to due to poor install). Truma system is very efficient
- Roof vents

Niggly points:-
- high level coffee machine cupboard with electric socket at rear. Waste of a good socket, should be positioned elsewhere. We use the cupboard for tea and coffee etc rather than a machine.
- Needs an additional socket outlet in the dining area
- Socket outlet at kitchen worktop should be 30-50 higher to accommodate UK sealed plugs on appliances

- None

Bathroom
- Large shower with twin drains, hanging drying rail, adjustable shower head and holders on two walls
- Large hanging wardrobe with cupboard over
- plenty of space for drying/ dressing
- Lighting
- Cupboard space adjacent to and under wash hand basin
- socket outlet
- Ample heating vents

Niggly Points:-
- Position of mirror over the wash hand basin - it projects by 75mm which means you cannot bend straight down to shave or wash your face in the basin, you have to twist your head and neck to access the basin. There is no cupboard behind the mirror so cannot see why they did not set it back.

- The niggly point is borderline ( for me anyway, the Beauty Terrorist doesn’t see a problem… mind you she is a bit shorter than me and has turn ups on her knickers…)
- Magnetic catch to bathroom door. Replaced once under warranty but failed again ( apparently a known problem) - solved by inserting a super strong slim magnet into the door lock recess- cost £1.24.. ( thanks to fellow Funsters for the tip)

Outside
Good Points:-
- 2 x Large locker doors to access storage under single beds
- Large gas locker (2x 13Kg cylinders)
- Service locker to access 120Litre fresh water tank, elec hook up
- Large locker to bathroom and toilet cassette with full width double floor space below
- External BBQ point and external shower( hot and cold with own pump)
- External 230v power outlet with TV aerial connection
- 100 waster water tank
- 5m awning with LED lighting
- Electric step

Niggly Points
- Quality of locker catches - 2 have failed ( replaced under warranty)
- Not being able to tell if the waste water valve is open or closed, until you see water pouring out…
- Would of liked a socket outlet in one of the under bed lockers.
- Access to fill the washer bottle - need to be creative….
- Would like an alarm if you drive off without the step being retracted

Bad Points:-
- None

Summary
We absolutely love Bertie. He meets all of our needs, is a pleasure to drive and stay in. Overall quality is very good, far less rattles, noises and warranty issues than our previous moho’s. I actually find an A Class easier to drive and manoeuvre than a coachbuilt ( ie if your nose fits through a gap then you know everything else will)

This is our third Motorhome and when we first considered getting one somebody told us “it will take you three motorhomes before you find your “perfect” Moho, at the time I thought rubbish…..seems like he was right!

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Hi, we have a 2019 Iexo 736, our over an bed rattle/squeak was from the two pins that lock the bed up. I put a very small piece of sticky backed Velcro so the pin rests on that instead of rubbing steel on steel. Pioneer sat nav has a mind of its own will take some really strange routes at times, Pioneer say it a fault and needed to go back to them but said it could only be removed by the suppling dealer under warranty, but that’s a long way from us. had the same problem with the magnetic catch on bathroom door. Also found ride very hard on the Michelin tyres be glad when they wear out. Ours hunts between 5 & 6 on long climbs just put it in manual 5th. Fitted a 240 socket in garage, ours is the double bed at rear with full width locker across underneath. Max is 4000 kg probably to avoid overloading the rear axle as the locker is right across the back. Our car has adblue, found the nozzle from Halfords 4 litre top up bottle is ideal for filling the screen washer. Be carful with the hab door if the fly screen is across and the wind blows the door shut it will break the screen at the bottom. We’ve done 10,900 miles so far but been sorned since end of Dec 2020.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, we have a 2019 Iexo 736, our over an bed rattle/squeak was from the two pins that lock the bed up. I put a very small piece of sticky backed Velcro so the pin rests on that instead of rubbing steel on steel. Pioneer sat nav has a mind of its own will take some really strange routes at times, Pioneer say it a fault and needed to go back to them but said it could only be removed by the suppling dealer under warranty, but that’s a long way from us. had the same problem with the magnetic catch on bathroom door. Also found ride very hard on the Michelin tyres be glad when they wear out. Ours hunts between 5 & 6 on long climbs just put it in manual 5th. Fitted a 240 socket in garage, ours is the double bed at rear with full width locker across underneath. Max is 4000 kg probably to avoid overloading the rear axle as the locker is right across the back. Our car has adblue, found the nozzle from Halfords 4 litre top up bottle is ideal for filling the screen washer. Be carful with the hab door if the fly screen is across and the wind blows the door shut it will break the screen at the bottom. We’ve done 10,900 miles so far but been sorned since end of Dec 2020.
Thanks for the tips..will certainly try to Velcro on the overhead bed pins and the adblue nozzle. (y)
When our Michelin’s are due a change, I will put on Continentals ( we had those on our previous vans and much preferred them)

Already experienced the swinging hab door…the extra wide door does seem to catch the wind quite easily. Thankfully we haven’t damaged the fly screen so far…..

Hope you get your van back on the road soon.

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Great post! Our new Bürstner 728g arrives next week! Been a long old wait and wondered about over head bed rattles etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back