Burstner habitation door lock mechanism (1 Viewer)

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I'm looking to replace the internal 'latches' to the two habitation door catches. The type that has a latch (two in fact, one top and one bottom!) that 'grabs' a pin in the side of the door frame similar to that found on car doors often. They have worn internally and at the pins so we need to be slamming the door in order to close it tightly, does anyone know of a supplier of these kind of things please?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
How old is your MH, can you actually see the wear on the mechanism? My Bürstner only has one catch and it is worn, the best way to close the door is do get it on the 1st latch then pull (if inside) or push hard if outside. Tried adjusting to no avail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
The camper is a 52 plate T690 Avantguard.
Below is a photo of a similar unit (its not the actual one as not near the camper). The door has two such latches , one mounted top and one bottom . Both are operated by a centrally mounted handle both inside and outside. There is no adjustment as such as the mounting is via drilled holes rather than slots etc. The bottom latch holds the door blade snuggly but the top 'rattles' after a while no matter how firmly closed and it is very annoying while travelling. Again the units are riveted assemblies and so can't be opened (except in extremis) for inspection .
the issues is that when it comes 'loose' it is like a car door that is only partially closed, it rattles unless closed firmly!
I think that the latch which should hold the 'pin' firmly has some internal wear which allows it to release the pin to its 'safe' partially locked position when jolted while travelling.

regards

Ian P.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 39

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Our MH needed some "attention" to the habitation door locks due to similar symptoms as yours. Ours was able to be adjusted at the door jam part, the bolt like piece that the door lock goes around is adjustable as it's like a bolt, loosen slightly then move and retighten, I did notice our door locks have 2 locking positions of the locks, I made sure I adjusted the catch so it made the lock click into the fully closed position.
Not sure if yours might be the same.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back