Burstner fiat Ducato warning light help? (1 Viewer)

Scrappie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
It's a learning curve
We have bought a LHD 1998 Burstner. There is an orange warning light appeared on the instrument panel. It has a picture of a key and the word "code" . All seems ok but we bought second hand and don't have a manual so can't look it up and Himin doors can't figure what it is. We are driving from northern France to Spain this weekend on our first long trip.
Anyone enlighten us please?
Thanks all
Scrappie

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We have something similar on our 2007 Fiat x250, possibly similar to yours. We have an orange engine management light on permenantly. We've had it about 3 years now. It flicks off now and then for a few miles and then returns. It's a bit like an old friend. Garages have told me it's related to ignition/emissions and that it might be very expensive to fix totally. But it never seems to be a problem. Performance doesn't suffer, my garage deals with MOT. I think I'll live with it.
Oddly my day to day car, a Kia Sportage, came up with a similar problem at about 130k miles. The (different) garage that deals with that car didn't see it as a problem so I won't either.
All the best.
BRYNRIC

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
probably the ring round the steering lock has moved slightly or cracked as seems a common occurence on ducatos that age. the ring reads the transponder on the key for the immobiliser and first sign of it failing is sometimes the warning light pops on. the best solution is have a competent auto electrician rewire the ignition and delete the immobiliser. a thief can bypass that type of immobiliser in about a minute anyway. just a major inconvenience when it fails

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back